Windows 11-Installation: Bluescreen "Inaccessible Boot Device"

Antworten
kds

Windows 11-Installation: Bluescreen "Inaccessible Boot Device"

Beitrag von kds »

Hallo,
hat etwas gedauert, aber die Integration der Dell-Treiber für mein Lattitude 5540 in das WinPE hab ich irgendwann hinbekommen. Es läuft erfolgreich durch, bootet - BlueScreen: "Inaccessible Boot Device". Hab verschiedene Varianten durchprobiert - die Dell-WinPE-Treiber, Treiber für genau mein Modell, Intel Rapid Storage-Treiber, hochkopiert einfach ins drivers-Verzeichnis oder mit dem Button im configed, jedesmal opsi-set-rights und create_driver_links.py ausgeführt. Jedesmal kommt nach dem (zweiten) Booten der Bluescreen.
Hat jemand eine Idee?
Viele Grüße,
Klaus-Dieter Schmidt
SisterOfMercy

Re: Windows 11-Installation: Bluescreen "Inaccessible Boot Device"

Beitrag von SisterOfMercy »

Have you got a bootimage.log to share?

What is the output of "wiminfo /var/lib/opsi/depot/win11-x64/winpe/sources/boot.wim" ?

And the output of show_drivers.py for that client?
Bitte schreiben Sie Deutsch, when I'm responding in the German-speaking part of the forum!
kds

Beitrag von kds »

Thank you for your hint to show_drivers.py!
It showed that drivers were missing.
I now uploaded the driver package for Latitude 5540 to /var/lib/opsi/depot/drivers/drivers/additional/byAudit - which didnt't work very good, but reasons could be our not newest opsi version or Windows Terminal Server.
The first attempt failed, as the package was too large. I deleted the video drivers, and the Win11 installation suceeded!
This ist not really what I wanted, as it is tied to this one model. But it is a starting point and has to be sufficient for the moment.
Once again: Thanks!
SisterOfMercy

kds hat geschrieben: 24 Mai 2024, 18:45 I now uploaded the driver package for Latitude 5540 to /var/lib/opsi/depot/drivers/drivers/additional/byAudit - which didnt't work very good, but reasons could be our not newest opsi version or Windows Terminal Server.
I don't use those driver packages. They are usually very large, and it also can help with selecting the wrong driver. If you put it in the byAudit directory it gets copied over entirely, and yeah, that would seem to be a problem. You could also enlarge the winpe_partition_size in the netboot settings. I might be wrong about that last one.
Bitte schreiben Sie Deutsch, when I'm responding in the German-speaking part of the forum!
kds

Beitrag von kds »

It would be nice to have a small generic storage driver that supports laptops and PCs from Dell, if someone knows one. But the big driver package is good enough for now. I could delete all driver directories but those for storage, and I'm testing the Dell Command tool, which updates drivers on command line, to download and install the other necessary drivers.
SisterOfMercy

kds hat geschrieben: 28 Mai 2024, 15:21 It would be nice to have a small generic storage driver that supports laptops and PCs from Dell, if someone knows one. But the big driver package is good enough for now. I could delete all driver directories but those for storage, and I'm testing the Dell Command tool, which updates drivers on command line, to download and install the other necessary drivers.
And even if you don't have a generic storage driver, it's very easy to use the drivers\preferred directory.
For instance I have this (and more) stored there:

Code: Alles auswählen

Intel LAN 28.2\
Intel NVMe 5.3.0.1005\
Micron NVMe 2.1.19.0\
NVidia Graphics Game Ready 342.01\
NVidia Graphics Game Ready 531.68\
Realtek LAN PCIe 10.060\
Realtek LAN USB 10.49\
The first nvidia is for some old card that isn't supported any more. But more often I just move legacy drivers to the byAudit directory of that specific client.

The only other thing I put in the byAudit directory is stuff opsi doesn't pick up easily. The HP 3d driveguard, IDT audio drivers in the only version that works properly on a specific laptop, etc.
Antworten