Unattended OS install for Win 7

Antworten
djm79

Unattended OS install for Win 7

Beitrag von djm79 »

I'm working through the documentation and had a question or two about the OS install.

1. When looking at the unattend.xml that comes with the system it has a lot of variables in it that I'm unclear on what they are doing, is there documentation on what these are doing?

2. When you run a OS deployment to a existing computer how does OPSI handle the naming of the computer when its imaged using the unattended install? (IE does it rename it the old name or does it use a random number letter combination?)

3. The domain joining section of the unatted.xml do we need the section under the </credentials>
<Identification>
<Credentials>
<Domain>domain</Domain>
<Password>password</Password>
<Username>username</Username>
</Credentials>
<DebugJoin>true</DebugJoin>
<JoinDomain>joindomain</JoinDomain>
<JoinWorkgroup>joinworkgroup</JoinWorkgroup>
<MachineObjectOU>machineobjectou</MachineObjectOU>
<MachinePassword>machinepassword</MachinePassword>
<UnsecureJoin>true</UnsecureJoin>

</Identification>

3. Can we use a KMS key with our unattend.xml as that handles all our Win 7 and 2008R2 activations on our network?
wolfbardo
uib-Team

Re: Unattended OS install for Win 7

Beitrag von wolfbardo »

djm79 hat geschrieben:I'm working through the documentation and had a question or two about the OS install.

1. When looking at the unattend.xml that comes with the system it has a lot of variables in it that I'm unclear on what they are doing, is there documentation on what these are doing?
Have a look at the product-properties of the netboot-products (for instance win7). The entriies will be more or less patched in the unattend-file
djm79 hat geschrieben: 2. When you run a OS deployment to a existing computer how does OPSI handle the naming of the computer when its imaged using the unattended install? (IE does it rename it the old name or does it use a random number letter combination?)
opsi makes an unattend-Installation with the name of the client from the opsi-backend
djm79 hat geschrieben: 3. The domain joining section of the unatted.xml do we need the section under the </credentials>
Have a look at the wiki or the windomain-package in http://download.uib.de/opsi4.0/products ... l-package/
djm79 hat geschrieben: 3. Can we use a KMS key with our unattend.xml as that handles all our Win 7 and 2008R2 activations on our network?
Usually you can make an Win7/2008r2-Installation with empty key and handle the activation via your kms-server or the package activate-win_1.0-4.opsi in the contributed area.

regards,
bardo wolf

OPSICONF 2024
https://opsi.org/en/opsiconf/

Basisworkshop Mainz :

17. - 20. 06. 2024

opsi support - uib gmbh
For productive opsi installations we recommend maintainance + support contracts which are the base of opsi development.

http://www.uib.de
Antworten