Lotus Notes

Antworten

Lotus Notes

Beitrag von Alter »

Hello, i have a little problem installing a silent lotus notes 8.5.3 in clients with Windows XP, opsi server launch the installation, the client connect to the opsi server and start installing, the problem is that looks like the installation never end, it´s like if a process is not finished and the opsi client installing screen never disappear, after 1h/2h installing i have to reset the computer manually and then you see the program has been installed, theshortcut it´s not in the desktop but the path where the program should be it´s ok and it works if you run the program.
I tried with differents clients, 3 differents xp clients and allways the same, even i have tried from another opsi server and again same problem.
But if i tried that silent install in a windows 7 client, it works perfectly, same script setup.ins for both.

[Initial]
ExitOnError=true
StayOnTop = true

[Actions]
requiredWinstVersion >= "4.10.5"

DefVar $ProductId$
DefVar $ExitCode$
DefVar $installfile$
DefVar $Parameter$
SetLogLevel=6
Set $installfile$ = "notes.msi"
; ----------------------------------------------------------------
Set $ProductId$ = "Lotus Notes 8.5.3"
; ----------------------------------------------------------------

Message "Installiert " + $ProductId$ + " ..."

if not (HasMinimumSpace ("%SYSTEMDRIVE%", "4098 MB"))
LogError "Es ist nicht genüfreien Speicherplatz auf dem Laufwerk : %SYSTEMDRIVE% vorhanden."
isFatalError
endif

comment "Lotus Notes wird installiert"
Winbatch_install
Sub_check_exitcode

[Winbatch_install]
%ScriptPath%\$installfile$ TRANSFORMS="notes.mst" /qn

[Sub_check_exitcode]
comment "Test for installation success via exit code"
set $ExitCode$ = getLastExitCode
; informations to exit codes see
; http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... S.85).aspx
; http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa368542.aspx
if ($ExitCode$ = "0")
comment "Looks good: setup program gives exitcode zero"
else
comment "Setup program gives a exitcode unequal zero: " + $ExitCode$
if ($ExitCode$ = "1605")
comment "ERROR_UNKNOWN_PRODUCT 1605 This action is only valid for products that are currently installed."
comment "Uninstall of a not installed product failed - no problem"
else
if ($ExitCode$ = "1641")
comment "looks good: setup program gives exitcode 1641"
comment "ERROR_SUCCESS_REBOOT_INITIATED 1641 The installer has initiated a restart. This message is indicative of a success."
else
if ($ExitCode$ = "3010")
comment "looks good: setup program gives exitcode 3010"
comment "ERROR_SUCCESS_REBOOT_REQUIRED 3010 A restart is required to complete the install. This message is indicative of a success."
else
logError "Fatal: Setup program gives an unknown exitcode unequal zero: " + $ExitCode$
isFatalError
endif
endif
endif
endif

I tested the installation (local,from the hard disk) with the winst32 utility and it works perfect on windows xp, any idea what could be?
Thanks
ueluekmen
uib-Team

Re: Lotus Notes

Beitrag von ueluekmen »

Have a look at these:

wiki/userspace:lotus_notes_8.5.2

The solution from the link is better, because it use msiexec and don't call the msi-File directly.... perhaps it could be useful for you.
opsi support - uib gmbh
For productive opsi installations we recommend support contracts.
http://www.uib.de

Beitrag von Alter »

Thanks ueluekmen but i already tested with the msiexec before as you suggested, but no success.
ueluekmen
uib-Team

Beitrag von ueluekmen »

Hi,

then you should try to use the log-option from msiexec to check, why the installation are waiting so long. I remember that the lotus notes 8.5.3 Version installs very long time from depot over the networkshare.
opsi support - uib gmbh
For productive opsi installations we recommend support contracts.
http://www.uib.de
Nils

Beitrag von Nils »

Hi Alter,

I also have / had some problems installing Lotus Notes 8.5.3 under Windows XP. See my post here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3736
I'm now calling the msi with this command:
msiexec /qn ALLUSERS=2 /i "%ScriptPath%\Lotus Notes 8.5.3.msi" TRANSFORMS="%ScriptPath%\LotusNotes8.5.3.mst" /L* "$LogDir$\NotesInstall.log"
Maybe it helps you, using this command.
Before making the package I've edited the .mst-file with the !InstallShield Tuner for Lotus Notes" to our needs.

My installation works fine under Windows 7 (64 Bit) as well as under Windows XP. Only the uninstall under XP makes some difficulties. But with the workaround mentioned in my post, I don't have problems anymore.

If you have further questions about my scripts please don't hesitate to contact me.

Have a nice day and
kind regards
Nils
Antworten