Creating Firefox Package and Uninstallation Issue

Antworten
Opsi_Novice.fr

Creating Firefox Package and Uninstallation Issue

Beitrag von Opsi_Novice.fr »

Hello everyone,

I'm currently facing a challenge in creating a Firefox package, and I'm seeking guidance on how to resolve it. While I've been able to successfully deploy the package using Opsi Config, I'm encountering difficulties with the uninstallation process. Strangely, even though Opsi Config reports a successful uninstallation, Firefox remains installed on the target PC.

I've attempted to create the package using different approaches, both with an installer.exe and an installer.msi, but the outcome has been the same in both cases. Below are the details I've provided in the Opsi Setup Detector for package creation:

Using firefox.msi:

Configuration File: Z:\firefox_ssi\Firefox Setup 116.0.3.msi
Software Version: 116.0.3.0
Installation Directory: %ProgramFiles64Dir%

Standalone Installation Command: msiexec /i "%scriptpath%\files1\Firefox Setup 116.0.3.msi" /l* "%opsiLogDir%\$ProductId$.install_log.txt" /qb-! ALLUSERS=1 REBOOT=ReallySuppress

Standalone Uninstallation Command: msiexec /x {1294A4C5-9977-480F-9497-C0EA1E630130} /qb-! REBOOT=ReallySuppress

Uninstalling a Program: (blank)

Using installer.exe:

Configuration File: Z:\firefox_ssi\Firefox Setup 116.0.3.exe
Software Version: 18.05
Installation Directory: %ProgramFiles64Dir%

Standalone Installation Command: "%scriptpath%\files1\Firefox Setup 116.0.3.exe" /sp- /silent /norestart /nocancel /SUPPRESSMSGBOXES

Standalone Uninstallation Command: "%ProgramFiles64Dir%\Mozilla Firefox\uninstall\helper.exe" /silent /norestart /nocancel /SUPPRESSMSGBOXES

Uninstalling a Program: helper.exe
I've been able to successfully deploy various applications using both installer.msi and installer.exe, with proper uninstallation. The issue seems specific to Firefox.

I would greatly appreciate any advice you could offer or any resources you might recommend for troubleshooting this situation. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Best regards,

Patrick
SisterOfMercy

Re: Creating Firefox Package and Uninstallation Issue

Beitrag von SisterOfMercy »

Why are you opening multiple threads about the same issue? viewtopic.php?p=58825#p58825
Bitte schreiben Sie Deutsch, when I'm responding in the German-speaking part of the forum!
Antworten