Opsi service permission error

Antworten
mb253400

Opsi service permission error

Beitrag von mb253400 »

Hey I'm trying to join a computer to the opsi.
opsi is active directory integrated, pcpatch is an ad user, and when we try to join a computer to the opsi this is the error message we are getting.
Opsi rpc error; Opsi service permission error: No permission for method 'host_getO on server), I have tried running opsi-setup-rights, opsiconfd setup and restart the opsi confd service but still no luck. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.
fkalweit
uib-Team

Re: Opsi service permission error

Beitrag von fkalweit »

Hello,

there may be something wrong with the acl configuration. It is best to compare the /etc/opsi/backendManager/acl.conf with the acl.conf from our package:
opsi 4.3: https://github.com/opsi-org/opsiconfd/b ... r/acl.conf

The log file /var/log/opsi/opsiconfd/opsiconfd.log and <client-ip>.log could also help with troubleshooting.

Best regards
Fabian
mb253400

Beitrag von mb253400 »

Hello Fkalweit,
Thanks for reaching out, Yes apparently the pcpatch user wasn't part of the admingroup mentioned in opsi.conf file. I have fixed that issue. the setup script now runs but I ran into a new issue "Installation unsuccessful: Installation of opsi-client-agent on client "Client-ID" unsuccessful.
Here is the error message in opsiconfd.log file
Failed to update PXE boot configuration for client 'Client-ID: Failed to connect to socket '/var/run/opsipxeconfd/opsipxeconfd.socket': [Errno 13] Permission denied (opsipxeconfd.py:104)
Here is the error message in ClintComputerIP.log
[ClintComputerIP ] Opsi service permission error: Not an admin user 'Client-ID' POST //rpc (session.py:291)
Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

Best Regards,
Mustafa Bhatti
fkalweit
uib-Team

Beitrag von fkalweit »

Hallo,

An admin user must be used for the first installation. Here is the link to the documentation:

https://docs.opsi.org/opsi-docs-en/4.3/ ... -installer

If this is not the problem, then there should be a log file from the client agent installation on the client. You may be able to see the error there.

Viele Grüße
Fabian
mb253400

Beitrag von mb253400 »

Hello,

I've sent you a pm. Will appreciate if you can have a look. Thanks
wolfbardo
uib-Team

Beitrag von wolfbardo »

Please provide more information with which
- method yor joined the opsi-server to the Active Directory ,
- which OS your opsi-server is running

and more details/logs on the failed opsi-client-agent Installation.

Whiched method you use for the opsi-client-agent installation

Do you have any logs, for instance the log file c:\opsi.org\log\opsi-client-agent.log respectively the logfile from the oca-installation-helper.exe or the
the log file /var/log/opsi/opsiconfd/opsiconfd.log and <client-ip>.log

You can send the logs referring to this thread via mail to info|at>uib.de

kind regards,
bardo wolf

OPSICONF 2024
https://opsi.org/en/opsiconf/

Basisworkshop Mainz :

17. - 20. 06. 2024

opsi support - uib gmbh
For productive opsi installations we recommend maintainance + support contracts which are the base of opsi development.

http://www.uib.de
mb253400

Beitrag von mb253400 »

Hello bardo,
Thanks for reaching out. I'm not sure about the method used to join the opsi-server to the active directory, but that seem to work perfectly fine. the OPSI server is running on Linux OS and clients are using windows. I have shared detailed required logs to info|at>uib.de. I'm running servicesetup.cmd sript which calls the oca-installation-helper.exe.
@echo off
cls
echo Starting oca-installation-helper.exe, please wait...
if "%~1" == "/u" (
call %~dp0\oca-installation-helper.exe --non-interactive
) else (
call %~dp0\oca-installation-helper.exe
)
I have tried running opsi-client-agent-installer.exe under Index of /public/opsi-client-agent/. but still the same error.
When I run the oca-installation-helper.exe it works fine until it says sending log files to the server. It shows not responding and gives an error installation failed.
Antworten