Changing backend to MySQL

Antworten
Sling

Changing backend to MySQL

Beitrag von Sling »

I tried changing the backends over to MySQL but I'm getting errors stating the SQL backend has been disabled. I ran the command for initialising the setup, resetting the rights amd restarting the services. I found a command for converting the files to MySQL but I'm still getting errors about the backend being disabled.

Are there any guides on how to do this?
SisterOfMercy

Re: Changing backend to MySQL

Beitrag von SisterOfMercy »

Bitte schreiben Sie Deutsch, when I'm responding in the German-speaking part of the forum!
Sling

Beitrag von Sling »

I did and I have since read that what I was after is part of the co-funded modules so I put it back to as it was, re-ran the commands as stated in the documentation.

But now I'm getting an issue with the clients now not being able to install or update, I'm getting an error stating "Domain not available" when it runs from bootup. From the kiosk it fails but also I can see that it doesn't even download anything.

This was fine before I messed with dispatcher.conf so I'm wondering is there something I'm missing or an easy way to reset it back to how it was after installing? I only have a couple of machines added at present so I'm happy to start again.
SisterOfMercy

Well, show us your dispatch.conf!
Bitte schreiben Sie Deutsch, when I'm responding in the German-speaking part of the forum!
Sling

Beitrag von Sling »

Here it is:

Code: Alles auswählen

backend_.* : file, mysql, opsipxeconfd
host_.* : file, opsipxeconfd
productOnClient_.* : file, opsipxeconfd
configState_.* : file, opsipxeconfd
license.* : mysql
softwareLicense.* : mysql
audit.* : mysql
.* : file
SisterOfMercy

Sling hat geschrieben:Here it is:
Hmm, that is the standard for the files backend, with mySQL for inventory and license data, like is available in your situation. Did you run opsi-setup --init-current-config after changing dispatch.conf again?
Sling

Beitrag von Sling »

Yes, then opsi-set-rights and restarted the services.
SisterOfMercy

Sling hat geschrieben:But now I'm getting an issue with the clients now not being able to install or update, I'm getting an error stating "Domain not available" when it runs from bootup. From the kiosk it fails but also I can see that it doesn't even download anything.
So the loginblocker comes on, it checks for actions, tries to mount the samba share, and comes with that error, or does it stop before that?
I'd like to see some extensive log files, but I'm not exactly which ones. Can you access the shares (for example, the workbench share, with adminuser)?
Antworten