Manual updates

Antworten
Sling

Manual updates

Beitrag von Sling »

Perhaps I'm being blind but I can't see any way a end user could trigger updates themselves via the kiosk. It shows what needs to be updated but a button to start them would be great.
j.werner
uib-Team

Re: Manual updates

Beitrag von j.werner »

I am not shure where is the problem, but I would guess just make a left click on the product you want to update/install or uninstall and than on the respective button.

See also https://download.uib.de/opsi4.1/documen ... -on-demand

I hope this helps.

Best wishes
Sling

Beitrag von Sling »

I tried that but instead of a install button, there's only a button labeled 'Remove action'.
Sling

Beitrag von Sling »

Perhaps I'm doing this all wrong but I made my own script for updating packages I've added. When it install it to the OPSI server I mark it for setup on all clients that have it installed. It shows up in the kiosk as an update but theres no way to start the update. If I reboot it updates it but as we have alot of staff working over VPN I need to be able to start the updates on demand.

Are users supposed to be able to start the updates from the kiosk? Have I just misconfigured something and that's why it's not showing?
Sling

Beitrag von Sling »

Just to say I was misunderstanding this and so for any other new people, marking the software for 'setup' also replaces the 'Update' button on the kiosk with a button labelled 'Remove actions'. If the version are different then the kiosk will automatically show the software with the 'Update' button available.
Antworten