Raise event on_demand

Antworten
Sablic

Raise event on_demand

Beitrag von Sablic »

Hi colleagues,
maybe it is already done but I haven't found the way. Is there any way to raise on_demand event? I mean without administrative permissions. Remote user connected to VPN and then run some script and voila have deployed necessary software per se.
SisterOfMercy

Re: Raise event on_demand

Beitrag von SisterOfMercy »

You could perhaps create a seperate package, with the required opsi service stuff. Put the package in software-on-demand and let the user run that via the kiosk?
Bitte schreiben Sie Deutsch, when I'm responding in the German-speaking part of the forum!
Sablic

Beitrag von Sablic »

The main idea here is to raise event without user interaction. In fact user can run any way via kiosk, can create a ticket to force IT to push software. But in case of travelling staff the best way is to raise event on connection.
SisterOfMercy

Beitrag von SisterOfMercy »

Sablic hat geschrieben:The main idea here is to raise event without user interaction. In fact user can run any way via kiosk, can create a ticket to force IT to push software. But in case of travelling staff the best way is to raise event on connection.
Oh, I thought you wanted to start an on_demand event with user interaction. IE: the user starts the on_demand himself.
I'm not sure what you want the on_demand event then?
There is an event called event_net_connection (in configed -> host parameters -> opsiclientd). I don't exactly know what it does.
Bitte schreiben Sie Deutsch, when I'm responding in the German-speaking part of the forum!
Jan.Schmidt

Beitrag von Jan.Schmidt »

Sablic hat geschrieben:The main idea here is to raise event without user interaction. In fact user can run any way via kiosk, can create a ticket to force IT to push software. But in case of travelling staff the best way is to raise event on connection.
4getiT...

The best Way is called WAN addon/extension\plugin|module.

There are many reasons NOT to raise event on connection.
eg. your average travelling wilbury joe just wants to up/download a single file from your fileserver and connects via vpn and you try to push some 100 mega package while he cuts off the connection.
Sablic

Beitrag von Sablic »

eg. your average travelling wilbury joe just wants to up/download a single file from your fileserver and connects via vpn and you try to push some 100 mega package while he cuts off the connection.

Sounds reasonable.

In fact I have found WAN module which is acting even better than I thought. Discussing the budget of this feature with management.
Antworten