hwinvent and drivers

Antworten
SisterOfMercy

hwinvent and drivers

Beitrag von SisterOfMercy »

I find that for laptops I have to use the additional/byAudit directory more and more. Can't we somehow expand hwinvent and let the driver integration take care of these devices?

Code: Alles auswählen

ACPI\HPQ6007 HP Accelerometer
*INT3401, *INT3402, *INT3403 (etc etc) Intel DPTF (dynamic platform thermal framework)
BTHENUM\{747413E4-F767-414f-A0C1-6CC1AA9D054C}   bluetooth audio thingy
*TOS1900 Toshiba "ACPI-Compliant Value Added Logical and General Purpose Device"
ACPI\LEN0268 (and loads more) Lenovo power management thingy
ACPI\ATK0110 Asus ACPI device
Or am I the only one who has problems with these things?
Bitte schreiben Sie Deutsch, when I'm responding in the German-speaking part of the forum!
n.wenselowski
Ex-uib-Team

Re: hwinvent and drivers

Beitrag von n.wenselowski »

Hi,

I somehow fail to understand the problem here.
Could you give me a -v, please?

Our suggested workflow for new machines is to run hwinvent against them to get information about the used hardware. After that you can easily add required drivers through configed.

Kind regards

Niko

import OPSI
SisterOfMercy

n.wenselowski hat geschrieben:I somehow fail to understand the problem here.
Could you give me a -v, please?
hwinvent does not detect all devices. It is very good with pci devices, and usb devices.
However, other classes of devices (ACPI devices for instance, or any other device from the list in my first post). Windows can install these drivers itself, they are just standard .inf files.

Because they are not detected by hwinvent, you have to force their usage through the byAudit directory.
n.wenselowski hat geschrieben:Our suggested workflow for new machines is to run hwinvent against them to get information about the used hardware. After that you can easily add required drivers through configed.
I do this by copying the drivers to the preferred or byAudit directories and use create_driver_links.py and show_drivers.py, which probably does the same.
Bitte schreiben Sie Deutsch, when I'm responding in the German-speaking part of the forum!
SisterOfMercy

I've started the bootimage on a HP Probook 450 G6.

ls -hal /sys/bus/acpi/devices shows a couple of devices. This is one of them:

HPQ6007:00 -> ../../../devices/LNXSYSTM:00/LNXSYBUS:00/PNP0A08:00/HPQ6007:00
Does lspnp still work on current acpi motherbords? If it can give a similar output like lshw or lspci it might not be hard to add.
/sys/bus/platform/devices also show a couple of devices, mostly the same, but I think it shows all devices that are really there.

However, it does not show the bluetooth device that is built-in. So maybe include hcitool or something like that to scan for bluetooth devices?

Is it then an issue of changing python-opsi/data/hwaudit/opsihwaudit.conf ?
Antworten