Unattended Windows 10 deploy getting stuck on 'cannot file the the path specified'

Antworten
ttblum

Unattended Windows 10 deploy getting stuck on 'cannot file the the path specified'

Beitrag von ttblum »

Hello,

I'm still having the same issue as:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=10057&view=unread

I'm now having the issue with an HP Elitedesk 800 G4 SFF as well. It has a drive with PCI ID: Vendor: 1C5C (SK hynix) Device: 1327

The Elitedesk 800 G3's I am having a problem with have drives 'NVMe SSD Controller SM961/PM961' PCI ID: Vendor: 144D (Samsung) Device: A804

It does seem to be more of a boot order issue because the installation completes perfectly after I reset the BIOS when it gets stuck.
m.radtke
uib-Team

Re: Unattended Windows 10 deploy getting stuck on 'cannot file the the path specified'

Beitrag von m.radtke »

Hi

is yout firmware up to date?
seems like a broken UEFI/Bios to me.

cheers
Mathias
Kein Support per DM!

Re: Unattended Windows 10 deploy getting stuck on 'cannot file the the path specified'

Beitrag von ritsovih »

I ran into this same issue today with an hp elitebook 830 G5, pressing F9 at system start and selecting the Windows boot manager entry correctly boots into Windows after installation. It appears I only need to press F9/select Win Boot mgr once, but my test install is still running atm, so a little early to tell if it will stay that way. Probably though and if it does I'll likely be too lazy to implement a better solution as we only pxe boot laptops in our office, so F9 is good enough for us I suppose.

Otherwise I would look into the two possible workarounds listed in this thread:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Fo ... ?forum=mdt

i.e.

1) hp bios utility
2) diskpart clean all

haven't really looked into it yet, but depending on which option you choose, I think you would have to implement it via SetupComplete.cmd, setup.py or diskpart.txt depending on the timing of when these things run of course

P.S.
@Mathias, I updated the uefi firmware before I ran the install via an option in the hp uefi itself
Antworten