(Semi) automatic removal of clients

Antworten
SvenM

(Semi) automatic removal of clients

Beitrag von SvenM »

I'm trying to find some information on how to remove obsolete clients from our servers based on (but not limited to) the "last seen" date?

In the past the maintenance of computers not in use anymore hasn't been handled as it should have been and I would like to do a mass cleanup based on certain parameters. I can't really find any information on it, and would like to know the "best practices" you recommend.
SvenM

Re: (Semi) automatic removal of clients

Beitrag von SvenM »

To elaborate on my question:
[*]we have 3 domains, where we only want to keep clients on one of those.
[*]On the other two domains we'd like to remove the clients where the "last seen" date is more than "a still to be determined period" older than the "created" date.
[*]the clients full name was set up to use the FQDN, so the domains are know based on the name.
n.wenselowski
Ex-uib-Team

Re: (Semi) automatic removal of clients

Beitrag von n.wenselowski »

Hi,

this should be easy enough with a little script that leverages the opsi API.
You can eather write one yourself (using opsi-admin or any other programming language that can make HTTP requests; more info about the API is in the manual and we have some blog posts covering basics) or let uib write a script that does that for you (through an support contract).
If you want to write it yourself I'd suggest posting your questions in the dev forum.

Kind regards

Niko

Code: Alles auswählen

import OPSI
Antworten