[SOLVED] Debian 9 netboot "No kernel modules were found."

Antworten
dorian.borovina

[SOLVED] Debian 9 netboot "No kernel modules were found."

Beitrag von dorian.borovina »

Hi guys,

I'm getting a wierd problem when I want to install Debian 9 VM.

Bild

Bild

OPSI Server and products are up-to-date.

I have deployed many Debian servers using OPSI, and I haven't had a problem until now.

Any ideas?

Code: Alles auswählen

root@OPSI-Master:/home/opsiuser# dpkg -l | grep opsi
rc  opsi-atftpd                     0.7.dfsg-7                     amd64        advanced TFTP server - opsi version with pcre, fifo and max-blksize patches
ii  opsi-configed                   4.0.7.6.34-2                   all          OPSI config editor
ii  opsi-depotserver                4.1.0.0-3                      all          transitional package
ii  opsi-linux-bootimage            20180813-1                     all          opsi bootimage for netboot tasks.
ii  opsi-server                     4.1.1.4-10                     all          opsi server configuration package
ii  opsi-tftpd-hpa                  5.2.8-49                       amd64        HPA's tftp server
ii  opsi-utils                      4.1.1.25-1                     all          utilites for working with opsi.
ii  opsiconfd                       4.1.1.11-1                     all          opsi configuration service
ii  opsipxeconfd                    4.1.1.13-2                     all          opsi pxe configuration daemon
ii  python-opsi                     4.1.1.47-1                     all          opsi python library
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE:

I have decided to go further without the modules, and this is the error I get.

Bild

I have tried to install the Debian 9 on the shared storage, that might be the problem.

After I tried to install the Debian 9 on the local storage (SSD), I'm getting the same error.

Let's go further...

Bild

and further...

Bild

And that's where it stops. Can't go any further. :D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE 2 and SOLUTION:

After a few hours of troubleshooting ESXi, VM settings, OPSI Configed different settings, I have found the solution.

1.) Go to the following link, don't worry, it's official. :)

2.) Download following files, initrd.gz and linux

3.) Replace the downloaded files with the files on your OPSI Server, you should find them on this location. \\OPSI_Server\opsi_depot_rw\debian9\installfiles64\

4.) Try to install the server again, now it should work.

5.) Go home, crack the cold beer open, drink the beer. :ugeek:
Best regards,
Dorian Borovina
m.radtke
uib-Team

Re: [SOLVED] Debian 9 netboot "No kernel modules were found."

Beitrag von m.radtke »

Hi

which version of the debian9 package do you have currently installed?

We have a version in testing with an updated kenrel and initrd.gz

https://download.uib.de/opsi4.1/testing ... x/netboot/

Cheers
Mathias
Kein Support per DM!

Re: [SOLVED] Debian 9 netboot "No kernel modules were found."

Beitrag von dorian.borovina »

Hi Matthias,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I have debian9_4.1.0.2-2.opsi version installed.

Best regards,
Dorian Borovina
Best regards,
Dorian Borovina
Antworten