edit config defaults

Antworten
SisterOfMercy

edit config defaults

Beitrag von SisterOfMercy »

Code: Alles auswählen

opsi-setup --edit-config-defaults
Shouldn't I be able to change the samba workgroup with this?
I've changed clientconfig.windows.domain from SAMBA to my own thing. Trying the normal --init-current-setup and --auto-configure-samba does not help changing the workgroup of the opsi server.
Yes, I know it says clientconfig, but the only thing called SAMBA is the default samba workgroup, and windows clients tend to stay in their own workgroup or domain.

of course I can edit it by hand as I have always done in /etc/samba/smb.conf but isn't this supposed to work like this?

I would expect this to work (on centos 7):

opsi-setup --edit-config-defaults
opsi-setup --auto-configure-samba
systemctl restart smb nmb
Bitte schreiben Sie Deutsch, when I'm responding in the German-speaking part of the forum!
n.wenselowski
Ex-uib-Team

Re: edit config defaults

Beitrag von n.wenselowski »

Hi SisterOfMercy,
SisterOfMercy hat geschrieben:of course I can edit it by hand as I have always done in /etc/samba/smb.conf but isn't this supposed to work like this?
The tools do patch the smb.conf only to add the opsi shares but we do not change anything else - or even touch existing shares.
You need to edit the file by hand here.

Kind regards

Niko

import OPSI
SisterOfMercy

Re: edit config defaults

Beitrag von SisterOfMercy »

Mental note: check manual.

Why all these questions? Before I just did some things to make it work. Now, it's been a few years, let's find out what the correct procedure is.
Bitte schreiben Sie Deutsch, when I'm responding in the German-speaking part of the forum!
Antworten