Software-on-Demand / Kiosk-mode

Antworten
SisterOfMercy

Software-on-Demand / Kiosk-mode

Beitrag von SisterOfMercy »

I recently tried to include an URL in the description of a software package, but this didn't work right.

Maybe there can be an extension on the current software-on-demand interface with extra things to fill in? One or more URLs to the website of the software package, and perhaps a few screenshots.
I'm already very glad the on-demand list is sorted by alphabet since 4.0.5, cause the software-on-demand list here has gotten quite long. :D
Bitte schreiben Sie Deutsch, when I'm responding in the German-speaking part of the forum!
SisterOfMercy

Re: Software-on-Demand / Kiosk-mode

And oh, it would also be nice to include the productpictures on the on-demand website.

You know, this one:

Code: Alles auswählen

comment "Show product picture"
ShowBitmap "%ScriptPath%\" + $ProductId$ + ".png" $ProductId$
Bitte schreiben Sie Deutsch, when I'm responding in the German-speaking part of the forum!
n.wenselowski
Ex-uib-Team

Beitrag von n.wenselowski »

Hello,

what was the problem with the link? Was it not displayed properly or did you try to use the anchor-tags (<a>) to make it a clickable link?
The latter probably doesn't work in newer versions.

including the productIDs would probably be a greater change because all the data we display on the kiosk mode page is retrieved through the webservice. We do not have an easy way to request the image through the service. Building something that goes through the share could work but I'd rather like to avoid such a hack.

Any extensions currently would be hardcoded and because the page works fine we probably won't change anything there in the near future.
If you are a customer feel free to demand extensions to that page that will be processed with a higher priority ;)

With kind regards

Niko

import OPSI
SisterOfMercy

n.wenselowski hat geschrieben:what was the problem with the link? Was it not displayed properly or did you try to use the anchor-tags (<a>) to make it a clickable link?
The latter probably doesn't work in newer versions.
Yes, I tried the anchor-tags, and that didn't quite work. So there's no easy way to make it clickable, is it?

It's probably easier to hack together an html with screenshots and present that to my users. And that is probably too much work to maintain ;)
n.wenselowski
Ex-uib-Team

Beitrag von n.wenselowski »

Hello SisterOfMercy,

the tags are replaced to avoid hijacking of the site or other evil stuff.

You could present your own page to the users and then talk to the opsi webservice. But this is something you would have to maintain. ;)

With kind regards

Niko

import OPSI
Antworten