Problem installing Windows 7 after driver integration

tobias
Re: Problem installing Windows 7 after driver integration

Beitrag von tobias »

shade hat geschrieben:ping works, but only for 127.0.0.1

ipconfig show no configured network, it seems like it did not get a IP from DHCP even as it just used it to boot the first part of the installation.
I think that the driver is not working for PE. you can also try the Non-networking mode but i think thats only a workaround.
Try to integrate Lenovo Windows PE driver directly into your PE image!

http://download.uib.de/opsi4.0/doc/html ... ckages-nt6
shade

Beitrag von shade »

This is weird, I tried another PC that installed just fine with OPSI (just with some drivers missing in Windows) before I began to integrate drivers.

Now it have the same problem, so I tried removing ALL driverpack from OPSI to get back to square 1 - but the problem did not go away, now all our test computers can't install OS via OPSI.

EDIT:
After a pause, I tried to pull the power on the test clients (not power button) and waited a few minutes, and then I tried again - now the client does REQUEST IP and it works.

I just don't understand where it went wrong, has a driver been "sick" and why does the power need to be pulled for it to work again
tobias

Beitrag von tobias »

shade hat geschrieben:This is weird, I tried another PC that installed just fine with OPSI (just with some drivers missing in Windows) before I began to integrate drivers.

Now it have the same problem, so I tried removing ALL driverpack from OPSI to get back to square 1 - but the problem did not go away, now all our test computers can't install OS via OPSI.

EDIT:
After a pause, I tried to pull the power on the test clients (not power button) and waited a few minutes, and then I tried again - now the client does REQUEST IP and it works.

I just don't understand where it went wrong, has a driver been "sick" and why does the power need to be pulled for it to work again
WIndows PE and drivers are very mysterious :mrgreen:
I Think the best way is to use the byAudit feature (look in the release notes of the latest opsi version)

You should move tested drivers to preffered directory.

The newest version of the show_driver will show you if there are more than one driver for this hardware.
exlude the driver and try an other driver.

be careful: don't mix x86 and x64 drivers !
shade

Beitrag von shade »

Is the driverpacks from driverpacks.net a bad thing ? Should I use them, or find each driver on my own the "hard" way ?
tobias

Beitrag von tobias »

you should use "tested" drivers and you can put the non-tested driver from the package.

Put your tested drivers into the preferred directory and the driver package directly into the driver directory or an subdirectory.

I use for my client Dell the driverpackages for operating system deployment (dell provide these packages) and for other clients I install one of this clients manually and use the Software "DoubleDriver" to extract the driver inf files from this client.

Or use byAudit ;)
Antworten