Reboot Opsi Server

Antworten
flow_krause

Reboot Opsi Server

Beitrag von flow_krause »

Good Day,

i've got a opsi server running in a VM on a physical Win7 machine. It is self-explanatory that the opsi-servers (both physical and virtual) have to be shut down / rebooted once in a while. Sadly I did not find any information about this topic in the wiki. Maybe we can create an entry.

At the moment I dont have many opsi-clients and not many package-developers. Nevertheless, the importance of my opsi-server is increasing, so I am wandering myself what I would have to do if I wanted to shutdown opsi.

I am aware, that I can use Windows Taskmanager to monitor CPU, HDD, Network usage, and i also found out that under Linux i can type "w" in any terminal to check what my opsi-server is doing. (even who is logged in to a terminal-sesison) Nevertheless this does not make me feel particularly confident.

So my questions/wishes are:
Is there a way to a) reliably monitor which clients are connected
and b) wait for these clients to finish their particular installation (+dont accept any new client-installations during this period!) and afterwards shutdown the opsi-server?
and as well c) inform all the other terminal-sessions that you want to shutdown and also wait for them to logoff or wait until their tasks (mostly building or installing a .opsi-file) are finished.

Best Regards,
F. Krause
Theorie ist: Wissen, das nicht funktioniert. | Praxis ist: wenn alles funktioniert, aber keiner weiß warum.
d.oertel
uib-Team

Re: Reboot Opsi Server

Beitrag von d.oertel »

Hi,
So my questions/wishes are:
Is there a way to a) reliably monitor which clients are connected
and
There is a information about open Sessions in the opsiconfd Infopage. I have to talk to Erol to see if there is any way to do this at the command line. But You have also to check if there are oben smb connections from the user pcpatch (for example via smbstatus).
b) wait for these clients to finish their particular installation (+dont accept any new client-installations during this period!) and afterwards shutdown the opsi-server?
and as well
No way to stop accepting new connections and to wait for running installations. It will be complicated to build something like that, because the session which is started to get the information for an installation may be closed or timedout while installation. So we may have new session from the client when the client just gives back the new installation state and the logs.
c) inform all the other terminal-sessions that you want to shutdown and also wait for them to logoff or wait until their tasks (mostly building or installing a .opsi-file) are finished.
try the traditional way:
wall
who

Your question is very interesting, contains good ideas and we have to talk about it. - Thanks

regards

d.oertel
opsi support - uib gmbh

For productive opsi installations we recommend support contracts.
http://www.uib.de
http://www.opsi.org
Antworten