How to remove javavm from OPSI gui interface

Antworten
siming

How to remove javavm from OPSI gui interface

Beitrag von siming »

Hi,

I am a beginner in OPSI, and I cannot manage to remove the package javavm from the GUI interface of OPSI. The package is located in /var/lib/opsi/depot , also in /opt/pcbin/install/ , /var/lib/opsi/repository/ , but not located in /home/opsiproducts (as javavm is a "native" package of OPSI when we install OPSI).
I have tried using this command in /var/lib/opsi/depot: opsi-package-manager -r javavm/ . But this is a symbolic link to /opt/pcbin/install/
I am not sure if I should try the same command in /opt/pcbin/install/ ?
javavm package can be totally removed as we don't use it and don't plan to use it in the future. We use another java package. javavm causes problems with some of our colleagues who install javavm on some computers instead of our java package.

Would you have an idea how I could remove javavm, at least from the GUI interface of OPSI ?

Thanks.
Regards.

Sébastien
uncle_scrooge

Re: How to remove javavm from OPSI gui interface

Beitrag von uncle_scrooge »

Just 'opsi-package-manager -r javavm' and you're done.
No trailing slashes/backslashes behind the product id.
You can use 'opsi-package-manager -l' to get a list of installed and available products. Including the product id you have to use with -r
siming

Re: How to remove javavm from OPSI gui interface

Beitrag von siming »

Hello,

Thanks a lot. It was very easy in fact. My problem was I have added a "/" at the end of the product ID because of the tabulation in Linux terminal.
The command "opsi-package-manager -r javavm" worked fine and I was able to remove javavm package. Also don't need to be in a particular location to launch the command.

Well, have a nice weekend.

Thanks. Bye.

Sébastien
Antworten