automatic asign a booting client with its assigend net information

Antworten
poulerik

automatic asign a booting client with its assigend net information

Beitrag von poulerik »

Hi

I am new working with opsi and I am still learning it.
I have tried to search for this information, but could not find something that seemed like the correct information.
I have an opsi server running on a machine with also dhcp, mysql and dns services on the same machine.
Is it posible to let a client machine, that connects to the opsi server, retrive and enter its information, like IP-address, host name, related domain name and so fourth, so I do no have to, when I want to make a new netboot installation?

Kindest regards
Poul Erik
n.wenselowski
Ex-uib-Team

Re: automatic asign a booting client with its assigend net information

Beitrag von n.wenselowski »

Hi,

if you add the client with the required information in opsi and dhcp also works you should not need to fill out anything.
Does this work?
If it doesn't there probably is some part missing and the bootimage log should have more information about what data it is able to retrieve on it's own.

opsi will only work with known clients - any requests by unknown clients will be ignored to not deploy things to clients that should not be touched.
If you are planning a mass rollout I'd suggest scripting the adding of the clients to opsi and then setting the corresponding netboot product to setup.

Bye

Niko

Code: Alles auswählen

import OPSI
Antworten