Unsupported 16-bit application when installing OPSI agent on Windows 10 1709

Antworten
rmtevesjr

Unsupported 16-bit application when installing OPSI agent on Windows 10 1709

Beitrag von rmtevesjr »

Hi,
Does anyone encountered this error in Windows 10 1709 build? Unsupported 16-bit application when installing the agent. The program or feature "\??\c\opsi.org\tmp\opsi-winst\winst32.exe cannot start or run due to incompatibility win 64-bit versions of Windows. Please contact the vendor to ask if 64-bit Windows version is available".
Thanks
n.wenselowski
Ex-uib-Team

Re: Unsupported 16-bit application when installing OPSI agent on Windows 10 1709

Beitrag von n.wenselowski »

Hi

opsi-script (aka. opsi-winst) is 32bit and probably we currently do not have plans to make it a 64bit application as we do not see that we would gain any benefits from this.
But it being detected as 16bit is something new for me :shock:

What version of opsi-winst are you using?
Did you already try to update it to the latest version?

Kind regards

Niko

Code: Alles auswählen

import OPSI
rmtevesjr

Re: Unsupported 16-bit application when installing OPSI agent on Windows 10 1709

Beitrag von rmtevesjr »

Hi Niko, we are using Winst version 4.11.6.11 / OPSI 4.0.7. I haven't tried to use the updated version. Should I download the agent from repository and install it? Is there a need update the server component? Thanks.
n.wenselowski
Ex-uib-Team

Beitrag von n.wenselowski »

Hi,
rmtevesjr hat geschrieben:Should I download the agent from repository and install it?
Absolutely!
This should be your first attempt in fixing if something is wrong with our components ;)
rmtevesjr hat geschrieben:Is there a need update the server component?
Probably no need but it never hurts having the latest version ;)

Bye

Niko

Code: Alles auswählen

import OPSI
Antworten