unattended XP sp3 from Dell reinstall-CD

Antworten
almost

unattended XP sp3 from Dell reinstall-CD

Beitrag von almost »

Hi there.

Trying to make a unattend inst on our Dell computers. The problem is the question about license. This question does not show up if i use the actual CD because it checks the bios and make a validation based on that.
This is what i have done so far.

Completed the basepackage with the /i386 lib from the reinstall-CD
checked the unattend.txt file on the CD and used that license-number on the unattend.txt provided in baseapp
during the setup a dell-machine says that this numer can not be used.
then i tried to use the number from the label on the pc. Same problem
even tried without licensenumber and with all XXXX´ed out

i´m missing something ?.. but what ?
Please advice

/regards Ingemar
d.oertel
uib-Team

Re: unattended XP sp3 from Dell reinstall-CD

Beitrag von d.oertel »

Hi,

try to find a other source for your /i386 tree (original MS CD)

The second point is that the opsi idea is not to write the product key in the unattend.txt,
but let this the bootimage do. But this is not your probem at the moment.

regards

d.oertel
opsi support - uib gmbh

For productive opsi installations we recommend support contracts.
http://www.uib.de
http://www.opsi.org
almost

Beitrag von almost »

d.oertel hat geschrieben:Hi,
try to find a other source for your /i386 tree (original MS CD)
d.oertel
Well.. if i use the original CD i will have to buy a license for every PC.. (that already have a license.)
not sure that´s a good idea. The time saved with opsi are easely lost when the install stops asking for a key
i do not have.
d.oertel hat geschrieben:Hi,
The second point is that the opsi idea is not to write the product key in the unattend.txt,
but let this the bootimage do. But this is not your probem at the moment.
d.oertel
No.. my problem seems to be understanding the "opsi idea"
if it is not to install the operative system with help of unattend .. i´m lost

Regards.. Ingemar
wolfbardo
uib-Team

Beitrag von wolfbardo »

check again CD/and/or/Recoverypartition if there is any unattended.txt or winnt.sif with a product key.

There should be an i386-directory from reinstall-CD/or partition, which works for this client with this product key (as opsi-winxppro-product property "productkey"), otherwise the recovery-CD wouldnt probably work.

If not, ask your hardwarevendor...

regards

Bardo Wolf

OPSICONF 2024
https://opsi.org/en/opsiconf/

Basisworkshop Mainz :

17. - 20. 06. 2024

opsi support - uib gmbh
For productive opsi installations we recommend maintainance + support contracts which are the base of opsi development.

http://www.uib.de
almost

Beitrag von almost »

wolfbardo hat geschrieben:check again CD/and/or/Recoverypartition if there is any unattended.txt or winnt.sif with a product key.
There should be an i386-directory from reinstall-CD/or partition, which works for this client with this product key (as opsi-winxppro-product property "productkey")
Yep.. that is what i tried... Both with the key from the reinstall cd and the key printed om cpu-case-label.. and even without key

The thing is , if i use a standard-cd mentioned keys will not work either.. installer say that it´s wrong wersion as oem keys will not work on retail.
That means if i understand it right. To use opsi i have to buy new license´s to all 150 workstations. right ?

I can of course install without key and manually answer during install that "continue without register key". In that way
i have to supply a key within 30 days. But that is not really how i want it to work.

Regards Ingemar
almost

Beitrag von almost »

Thanks matth46.

That did do the trick.. a totally different serial.. "the old that was bought is being blocked" Imagine that !!!

funny thing though.. Microlame still expect good money for their products ... O_o

anywayz.. now it is working
Antworten