Antworten
mirkt

Dummy.LNK (SOLVED)

Beitrag von mirkt »

Hello,

On some computers there are some strange links left:
C:\Users\***\Desktop\Dummy\Dummy.LNK or ..\Startup\Dummy.LNK

and I guess they are related to OPSI..

I have never seen anything similar on my test machines, so I think they are not related to my own packages.. I can find something similar on "opsi-winst-test" package, but I do not really know what is it for and have never tried to use it..

Any ideas, why are those links created and left on some clients?
Zuletzt geändert von mirkt am 09 Nov 2017, 08:49, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
n.wenselowski
Ex-uib-Team

Re: Dummy.LNK

Beitrag von n.wenselowski »

Hi,

the package opsi-winst-test is used to test the functionality of winst.
I'd recommend not installing it unless you either want to make sure that winst works on that machine or you are developing on winst.

EDIT: If you don't do neither you can also remove this from your server through opsi-package-manager.

Kind regards

Niko

Code: Alles auswählen

import OPSI
mirkt

Beitrag von mirkt »

So it appears "opsi-winst-test" product shouldn't be on my servers in first place.. It's not even in stable repo now:
http://download.uib.de/opsi_stable/products/localboot/

I have opsi-winst-test 4.11.6.4 on my dev and prod servers.. I don't really remember how they appeared there.. I used to set autoInstall = true for uib repo after OPSI server installation and then after removing unneeded packages I used to reset autoInstall = false (and autoUpdate = true)..

I have never set any action on any client for "opsi-winst-test" product, but after looking to the logs it appears that it was regularly executed on all clients :)

I have already executed:

# opsi-package-manager -r opsi-winst-test
and now I am going to write some kind of cleanup script to check for dummy.* leftovers on clients..

Thank you :)
mirkt

Beitrag von mirkt »

Ok, I got it.. I have User Profile Management enabled (but do not really use it) with default /allloginscripts :)), that's why "opsi-winst-test" used to be executed on every login.. :)

I took some parts from opsi-winst-test userlogin.opsiscript and created a "opsi-winst-test-cleanup" package with this userlogin.opsiscript:

[Actions]
requiredWinstVersion >= "4.11.3.2"
Message "Trying to clean-up opsi-winst-test leftovers"

DefVar $tmp$

if not (scriptWasExecutedBefore)

Files_profile_del	

if (FileExists("%CurrentDesktopDir%\Dummy\Dummy.LNK"))
		set $tmp$ = "desktop"
		LinkFolder_Dummy_delete
	endif

if (FileExists("%CurrentSendToDir%\Dummy\Dummy.LNK"))
		comment "sendto passed"
		set $tmp$ = "sendto"
		LinkFolder_Dummy_delete
	endif

if (FileExists("%CurrentStartmenuDir%\Dummy\Dummy.LNK"))
		set $tmp$ = "startmenu"
		LinkFolder_Dummy_delete
	endif

if (FileExists("%CurrentStartupDir%\Dummy\Dummy.LNK"))
		set $tmp$ = "startup"
		LinkFolder_Dummy_delete
	endif

if (FileExists("%CurrentProgramsDir%\Dummy\Dummy.LNK"))
		set $tmp$ = "programs"
		LinkFolder_Dummy_delete
	endif

endif

[Files_profile_del]
del -s -f "%CurrentAppdataDir%\ACME"
del "%userprofiledir%\opsi-winst-test.ini"
del -s -f "%userprofiledir%\opsi-winst-test"

[LinkFolder_Dummy_delete]
set_basefolder $tmp$
delete_subfolder "Dummy"
n.wenselowski
Ex-uib-Team

Hi mirkt,

Glad you sorted it out!
mirkt hat geschrieben:Ok, I got it.. I have User Profile Management enabled (but do not really use it) with default /allloginscripts :)), that's why "opsi-winst-test" used to be executed on every login.. :)
The manual is often misinterpreted as /allloginscripts is not the default but may be set as such depending on the usage of the login scripts.
Most poeple probably will not need the /allloginscripts switch.

Any idea on how we could improve the documentation for it?

Kind regards

Niko

import OPSI
mirkt

Beitrag von mirkt »

Dear Niko, actually it looks like /allloginscript is the default parameter as written in the manual..
/allloginscripts means that at the login event all loginscripts that are known by the opsi-server will be executed - no matter if the according product is well known to the client (installed or formally installed) or not.
This is the default.
In my case, opsiclientd.event_user_login.action_processor_command parameter was not set at all and all user login scripts (opsi-template, config-win-base, .. :)) use to be executed on every login.. I just haven't paid attention to "userlogin" log files..

For example:
(47618) [1] [Spl 24 16:43:01:083] [opsi-template] ============ Version 4.12.0.5 script "p:\opsi-template\login.opsiscript"
(47619) [1] [Spl 24 16:43:01:084] [opsi-template] used script encoding: cp1257
(47620) [1] [Spl 24 16:43:01:084] [opsi-template] used system encoding: cp1257
(47621) [1] [Spl 24 16:43:01:084] [opsi-template] start: 2017-10-24 16:43:01
I set opsiclientd.event_user_login.action_processor_command (as written in the manual) now..

opsi-admin -d method config_createUnicode opsiclientd.event_user_login.action_processor_command "user_login action_processor" "%action_processor.command% /sessionid %service_session% /loginscripts /silent" "%action_processor.command% /sessionid %service_session% /loginscripts /silent"
Maybe I have misinterpreted the manual thinking that opsiclientd.event_user_login.action_processor_command is optional and all I need to succesfully activate User Profile Management is setting opsiclientd.event_user_login.active
n.wenselowski
Ex-uib-Team

Hi mirkt,
mirkt hat geschrieben:Dear Niko, actually it looks like /allloginscript is the default parameter as written in the manual..
/allloginscripts means that at the login event all loginscripts that are known by the opsi-server will be executed - no matter if the according product is well known to the client (installed or formally installed) or not.
This is the default.
You are right. Apologies for that!
mirkt hat geschrieben: In my case, opsiclientd.event_user_login.action_processor_command parameter was not set at all and all user login scripts (opsi-template, config-win-base, .. :)) use to be executed on every login.. I just haven't paid attention to "userlogin" log files..

For example:
(47618) [1] [Spl 24 16:43:01:083] [opsi-template] ============ Version 4.12.0.5 script "p:\opsi-template\login.opsiscript"
(47619) [1] [Spl 24 16:43:01:084] [opsi-template] used script encoding: cp1257
(47620) [1] [Spl 24 16:43:01:084] [opsi-template] used system encoding: cp1257
(47621) [1] [Spl 24 16:43:01:084] [opsi-template] start: 2017-10-24 16:43:01
I set opsiclientd.event_user_login.action_processor_command (as written in the manual) now..

opsi-admin -d method config_createUnicode opsiclientd.event_user_login.action_processor_command "user_login action_processor" "%action_processor.command% /sessionid %service_session% /loginscripts /silent" "%action_processor.command% /sessionid %service_session% /loginscripts /silent"
Maybe I have misinterpreted the manual thinking that opsiclientd.event_user_login.action_processor_command is optional and all I need to succesfully activate User Profile Management is setting opsiclientd.event_user_login.active
[/quote]
The minimum you need to do is to active the event for the user login.
But then again it does not hurt to have a look over the options and configure it to your preferences. ;)

Kind regards

import OPSI
Antworten