Getting 'Windows cannot install required files. ... Error code 0x80070570' installing Windows 7

Antworten
ttblum

Getting 'Windows cannot install required files. ... Error code 0x80070570' installing Windows 7

Beitrag von ttblum »

I'm getting 'Windows cannot install required files. ... Error code 0x80070570' when doing an unattended install of Windows 7.

I originally used the contents of a different Windows 7 DVD, which installed fine, but that didn't work with our licensing. When I switched to a different Windows 7 DVD I am getting this error.

Other OS's such as Windows 10 install OK.

Has anyone else seen this error?
boven

Re: Getting 'Windows cannot install required files. ... Error code 0x80070570' installing Windows 7

Beitrag von boven »

I had the same problem while installing Windows 10. Try removing ALL drivers from ./depot/<your_OS>/drivers and run create_driver_links.py. Run the Installation again and If it succeeds you can add drivers until the installation fails again. Then you know which driver causes the error.

If that does not help, you can look for more details in the files listed below after the installation fails.
x:\Windows\panther\setuperr.log
x:\Windows\panther\setupact.log
Antworten