Unable to apply Windows license with DKMS server after unattended install with opsi

Antworten
ttblum

Unable to apply Windows license with DKMS server after unattended install with opsi

Beitrag von ttblum »

Hello,

We've done unattended Windows7 installs OK, but we're getting an error when we try to license them with our DKMS server.

We haven't changed the unattend.xml yet, is there a keycode in there by default that would conflict with DKMS?
SisterOfMercy

Re: Unable to apply Windows license with DKMS server after unattended install with opsi

Beitrag von SisterOfMercy »

Why not use a postinstall package with the KMS server as a productproperty? If this ever changes you can easily rollout this package with the new servername.

This is what I use (without a productproperty because I'm lazy)

Code: Alles auswählen

[Winbatch_activation]
"%SystemRoot%\system32\cscript.exe" "%SystemRoot%\system32\slmgr.vbs" /ipk MRPKT-YTG23-K7D7T-X2JMM-QY7MG
"%SystemRoot%\system32\cscript.exe" "%SystemRoot%\system32\slmgr.vbs" /skms 10.80.0.22
"%SystemRoot%\system32\cscript.exe" "%SystemRoot%\system32\slmgr.vbs" /ato	
Bitte schreiben Sie Deutsch, when I'm responding in the German-speaking part of the forum!
ttblum

Re: Unable to apply Windows license with DKMS server after unattended install with opsi

Beitrag von ttblum »

OK, thanks. Would this be deployed via the opsi-agent then?

I also realized I was using files from the wrong Windows 7 DVD, I'll try it again using files from the Windows 7 DVD that we normally use with the DKMS server.
SisterOfMercy

Beitrag von SisterOfMercy »

ttblum hat geschrieben:OK, thanks. Would this be deployed via the opsi-agent then?
If you make a package and set the opsi-client-agent to install this extra package after installation yes. Otherwise via configed.
ttblum hat geschrieben:I also realized I was using files from the wrong Windows 7 DVD, I'll try it again using files from the Windows 7 DVD that we normally use with the DKMS server.
Eh, as far as I know this doesn't matter. With the /ipk you set the key you want, either the KMS key or the MAK(?) key.
Bitte schreiben Sie Deutsch, when I'm responding in the German-speaking part of the forum!
Antworten