uefi bootimage and bios boot order

Antworten
SisterOfMercy

uefi bootimage and bios boot order

Beitrag von SisterOfMercy »

After booting the bootimage from the network in uefi mode and after the first part of the windows 7 installation, the bios boot order for an UEFI harddisk always has the opsitempwinpe with a high priority.
So instead of setting the windows boot manager to the first device the opsitempwinpe partition is started again. (and this gives an error because the drive letters have changed, so it can't find the needed files).

Isn't it supposed to set the boot order to windows boot manager by itself?
Bitte schreiben Sie Deutsch, when I'm responding in the German-speaking part of the forum!
m.radtke
uib-Team

Re: uefi bootimage and bios boot order

Beitrag von m.radtke »

Hi,

do you mean that the boot order ins't changed after running through the WinPE installation?

Cheers
Kein Support per DM!
n.wenselowski
Ex-uib-Team

Beitrag von n.wenselowski »

Hi,
SisterOfMercy hat geschrieben:Isn't it supposed to set the boot order to windows boot manager by itself?
The tools can change the order which sometimes makes it harder to set up the clients correctly.

We have the product opsi-uefi-netboot to set the client to boot from the network first.
This should then boot the first harddisk if not image is presented through netboot iirc.

Kind regards

Niko

Code: Alles auswählen

import OPSI
SisterOfMercy

m.radtke hat geschrieben:do you mean that the boot order ins't changed after running through the WinPE installation?
Yes.
Bitte schreiben Sie Deutsch, when I'm responding in the German-speaking part of the forum!
m.radtke
uib-Team

Beitrag von m.radtke »

by default the boot order change to boot from the fresh windows partition is done in the setup.exe in the WINPE.

IN your case I would boot up the bootimage again. Then mount the partitions and checkl for logs why the boot order hasn't been changed in the WINPE.

Cheers
Mathias
Kein Support per DM!
SisterOfMercy

Ah! I was looking at the scripts opsi was making for the PE setup, so no wonder I couldn't find it. :)
Antworten