How does opsi compare with Windows Deployment Services / Workbench?

Antworten
ttblum

How does opsi compare with Windows Deployment Services / Workbench?

Beitrag von ttblum »

I need to deploy unattended Win7/Win10 installs across multiple locations.

Does anyone know what the advantages and disadvantages opsi has vs. something like Windows Deployment Services/Workbench?
n.wenselowski
Ex-uib-Team

Re: How does opsi compare with Windows Deployment Services / Workbench?

Beitrag von n.wenselowski »

Hi,

I do not know much about Windows Deployment Services but I assume it will cost you to have this up running. opsi instead can be run for free and you know what you are running because you can look into the source code (most parts are at https://github.com/opsi-org/ with a few exceptions in regard to cofunded modules).

opsi does run well in a setup with multiple locations and you can even manage clients that are on the move (i.e. co-workers who travel with their laptops).
You can adjust all the deployments to your likings and are free to deploy whatever software you want (not restricted to MSI).
Besides Windows on the client you can also manage your Linux clients with opsi - one tool, the same syntax for package deployments.

opsi provides an open API that uses open standards. No lockin, easy to integrate into your own tool (i.e. intranet webapplication).
I am a big fan of using the API to automate various tasks around opsi!

While not a really comparison I hope this gives some insight why opsi is the right tool!

Kind regards

Niko

Code: Alles auswählen

import OPSI
Antworten