Uninstall addins before primary program

Antworten
bobzbobz

Uninstall addins before primary program

Beitrag von bobzbobz »

Hi

I have a package for office 2016 and several packages for addins for different office-programs.

I want the addins to be uninstalled before Office it self is uninstalled - I have tried adding this to the control-file for Office:

Code: Alles auswählen

[ProductDependency]
action: uninstall
requiredProduct: mailarchiver_office2016
requiredAction: uninstall
requirementType: before
When I try to run uninstall on Office it starts with the main Office package in stead of the addins.
What can be done?

Regards
Soren
r.roeder
uib-Team

Re: Uninstall addins before primary program

Beitrag von r.roeder »

Hi Soren,

it is not so clearly documented but: Up to now the only dependencies which influences the product sequence are between setup actions resp. installed status since the product sequence is conceived as product installation sequence, and we would run into contradictions if we tried to follow both kinds of dependency declarations. It is already a typical case which you describe: Some addon B must be installed after its parent product A. but should possibly be uninstalled before A. Therefore we get two contradictory sequences for uninstallation and installation but we need a unique sequence.

To solve this problem we have indeed got the idea to produce an uninstall sequence of products and a installation sequence of products (and possibly each product may appear twice).

At the moment, you can handle your task by using opsiservicecalls in your opsiscript to force the other product to be uninstalled (cf. http://download.uib.de/opsi4.0/doc/html ... erviceCall )

I hope this is helpful

Greetings
Rupert
opsi support - uib gmbh
For productive opsi installations we recommend maintainance + support contracts which are the base of opsi development.

Wondering who's using opsi? Have a look at the opsi map: http://opsi.org/opsi-map/.
bobzbobz

Beitrag von bobzbobz »

Thank you for the quick reply :)

Can you point me in the right direction for which method I should use?
I have only used OpsiServiceCalls one time before, to set another program to install based on a dependency.
shade

Beitrag von shade »

:?:
n.wenselowski
Ex-uib-Team

Beitrag von n.wenselowski »

Hi,

setProductActionRequest sets the action request but you need to handle the pausing of the currently processed product yourself.
We do this in some other packages by saving state in the registry to then determine at what stage we are.

Kind regards

Niko

Code: Alles auswählen

import OPSI
Antworten