Cleaning up repository / sync

Antworten
SisterOfMercy

Cleaning up repository / sync

Beitrag von SisterOfMercy »

If I have a slave depot, that is not used as a repository for other opsi servers, is it possible to just remove the repository directory regularly? I have a few large packages and if I can reclaim some space that would be great.

Other question, about the same repository, can I do totally without the repository? Opsi-product-updater uses the repository, but it is not syncing driver directories. Would it be better to use rsync to sync the entire depot directory, and not use opsi-product-updater?
Bitte schreiben Sie Deutsch, when I'm responding in the German-speaking part of the forum!
n.wenselowski
Ex-uib-Team

Re: Cleaning up repository / sync

Beitrag von n.wenselowski »

SisterOfMercy hat geschrieben:If I have a slave depot, that is not used as a repository for other opsi servers, is it possible to just remove the repository directory regularly? I have a few large packages and if I can reclaim some space that would be great.
You can empty it every if you want.
The opu will do a complete download if the package is missing otherwise it can use zsync to save bandwith. If bandwith and download duration is not an issue for you go ahead and simple empty the repository.
SisterOfMercy hat geschrieben:Other question, about the same repository, can I do totally without the repository? Opsi-product-updater uses the repository, but it is not syncing driver directories. Would it be better to use rsync to sync the entire depot directory, and not use opsi-product-updater?
No it is not because opsi-product-updater / opsi-package-manager will also set the metadata on the depot.
I am a fan of also distributing the drivers through an opsi-package because this makes it a lot easier to keep the drivers in sync if you have more than a few depots (and also don't want to be required to manually distribute them).

Code: Alles auswählen

import OPSI
Antworten