can not install products (SOLVED)

Antworten
goudeuk

Beitrag von goudeuk »

Hello everyone

I have added a client to my opsi server and then tried to install the audit products (hwaudit and swaudit).
I chose the client from the Client tab, then in the "Requested Action" column, I left-clicked on "Setup", then right-clicked on "Save".

Next rebooted the client, hit "reload all data" on my opsi config editor but I don't see anything under "Hardware Information" or "Software Inventory".

I tried to force it using "Execute now" but it fails and it looks like the reason according to the logs is not being able to mount the opsi_depot folder.
In my log I can see these errors:

Code: Alles auswählen

(1262)    [3] [Mar 31 12:14:35] [ event processing on_demand{user_logged_in}] Failed to mount '\\opsi\opsi_depot': (53, 'WNetAddConnection2', 'The network path was not found.')   (Windows.pyo|788)
(1263)    [3] [Mar 31 12:14:35] [ event processing on_demand{user_logged_in}] Failed to update action processor: Failed to mount '\\opsi\opsi_depot': (53, 'WNetAddConnection2', 'The network path was not found.')   (EventProcessing.pyo|531)
(1272)    [3] [Mar 31 12:14:36] [ action_processor_starter.exe  ] Locale not found: [Errno 2] No translation file found for domain: 'opsiclientd'   (action_processor_starter.py|76)
(1273)    [3] [Mar 31 12:14:36] [ action_processor_starter.exe  ] Failed to read version info from file u'/etc/opsi/version': [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'/etc/opsi/version'   (Backend.pyo|206)
However my opsi_depot is mounted successfully on my client but using the full name (\\opsi.biosci.ac.uk\opsi_depot) instead of \\opsi\opsi_depot.
I think somewhere I need to edit a file and change opsi to opsi.biosci.ac.uk.
Zuletzt geändert von goudeuk am 03 Apr 2017, 16:16, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.
ngbr
Ex-uib-Team

Re: can not install products

Beitrag von ngbr »

Hi goudeuk,
goudeuk hat geschrieben:Hello everyone

In my log I can see these errors:

Code: Alles auswählen

(1262)    [3] [Mar 31 12:14:35] [ event processing on_demand{user_logged_in}] Failed to mount '\\opsi\opsi_depot': (53, 'WNetAddConnection2', 'The network path was not found.')   (Windows.pyo|788)
(1263)    [3] [Mar 31 12:14:35] [ event processing on_demand{user_logged_in}] Failed to update action processor: Failed to mount '\\opsi\opsi_depot': (53, 'WNetAddConnection2', 'The network path was not found.')   (EventProcessing.pyo|531)
(1272)    [3] [Mar 31 12:14:36] [ action_processor_starter.exe  ] Locale not found: [Errno 2] No translation file found for domain: 'opsiclientd'   (action_processor_starter.py|76)
(1273)    [3] [Mar 31 12:14:36] [ action_processor_starter.exe  ] Failed to read version info from file u'/etc/opsi/version': [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'/etc/opsi/version'   (Backend.pyo|206)
We try to mount the share via mDNS (neither DNS nor IP), which is often fine in small environments.
If errors occur, tweak a setting as follows: go to configed (GUI), upper right 6 big buttons (2nd from left, i.e. Depot-Config) .
Chose Tab 'depot-config', find 'depotRemoteUrl' and adjust to IP of the server (keep smb:// and /opsi_depot of course).
If your DNS is working fine, FQDN will equally work ...
---
hoping to help :)

if your problem was solved, pls mark this thread as 'SOLVED'. thank you .

-- no PN support --

Andre
goudeuk

Beitrag von goudeuk »

Good morning Andre

Sorry for my late reply, I forgot to subscribe to this thread and did not get notified when you replied. In the mean time, I went and changed the Depot url line in the client's opsiconfigd file in C:\Program Files (x86)\opsi.org\opsi-client-agent\opsiclientd but it made no difference. Is this file (opsiclientd) called when I run "Execute Now" on a product or it is only being used by the client?

By the way thank you, your solution works. :)
ngbr
Ex-uib-Team

Re: can not install products (SOLVED)

Beitrag von ngbr »

Hi goudeuk,
In the mean time, I went and changed the Depot url line in the client's opsiconfigd file in C:\Program Files (x86)\opsi.org\opsi-client-agent\opsiclientd but it made no difference. Is this file (opsiclientd) called when I run "Execute Now" on a product or it is only being used by the client?

By the way thank you, your solution works. :)
Glad it works :)

the opsi-client-agent does pull its config any time it connects to the server, and stores the config in opsiclientd.conf in the folder you are specifying. as a consequence, manual changes to the file will be overwritten very soon and do have almost no effect. the opsi-client-agent is a service running locally, and it reads its config opsiclientd.conf only when starting up. so most likely your changes did not have any effect, because they got overwritten before the service got restarted.

cheers!
---
hoping to help :)

if your problem was solved, pls mark this thread as 'SOLVED'. thank you .

-- no PN support --

Andre
Antworten