Setting ProductProperty of a ProductDependency

Antworten
bourhis

Setting ProductProperty of a ProductDependency

Beitrag von bourhis »

Hi,

is it possible to set a ProductProperty in a [ProductDependency] section of the "OPSI/control" file ?

Best regards.
r.roeder
uib-Team

Re: Setting ProductProperty of a ProductDependency

Beitrag von r.roeder »

Hi,

a ProductDependency just defines the dependency of a product, it cannot be combined with property configurations.

But I'm certain there is a way to get whatever your goai is. Please describe what you want to achieve.

Greetings
Rupert
opsi support - uib gmbh
For productive opsi installations we recommend maintainance + support contracts which are the base of opsi development.

Wondering who's using opsi? Have a look at the opsi map: http://opsi.org/opsi-map/.
bourhis

Beitrag von bourhis »

I have multiple "meta-product" "depart-soft-install" with a dependancy for all the soft of a standard installation in a a departement and I have to set a "ProductProperty" for some of them...
For example a departement needed an "Ms Office" installation with Outlook and another one without it !
r.roeder
uib-Team

Beitrag von r.roeder »

you could

either define variants of products instead of using properties;

or, a more subtile approach, you could set the product properties for the other products in the script of the meta product (by an opsiservicecall section)

or you set in the meta-product markers in the registry and use them instead of product properties

happy hacking
opsi support - uib gmbh
For productive opsi installations we recommend maintainance + support contracts which are the base of opsi development.

Wondering who's using opsi? Have a look at the opsi map: http://opsi.org/opsi-map/.
Antworten