Don't understand Opsi-client-agent

Antworten
jakub.mrvc@gmail.com

Don't understand Opsi-client-agent

Beitrag von jakub.mrvc@gmail.com »

Hi,
i have a few questions,
In recent days, i want to test something with my opsi, few days ago i created new package and it works nicely.
But today, i try to continue with something but cant ping my client or send him a popup message, allways get the timeout message.

I didn't change nothing, dont know why this happened.

BUT, this is not the first time this happened to me, last time i just reinstall opsi-client-agent and it works again, but now it not. Timeouts are still the same way as before.

and not only that, the booting on my client is now 2-3 minutes longer :-/

Why this happened?? is Opsi-client-agent somehow updated and it stop working with the previous update or why??
What can i do to run again? Could i update Opsi-client-agent on my client from opsi-configuration-editor?

Thanks for reply
Jacob
dkoch

Re: Don't understand Opsi-client-agent

Beitrag von dkoch »

First of all we love logs. Serverand client log will be really helpful in solving your problem.
One thing i can just guess right now: Has the client changed its IP ?
jakub.mrvc@gmail.com

Beitrag von jakub.mrvc@gmail.com »

Hi, i found the problem and reinstall it again correctly. The problem was that i should use root password and not only user one, but, it doesnt show anything wrong with the user authentification, and it looks like it installed correctly. Thats not very user-friendly :-P

But the question about why its happening sometimes is still there. it coudn't be because of inactivity but i don't know why it is.
n.wenselowski
Ex-uib-Team

Beitrag von n.wenselowski »

Hi,

if it works and then changes after a time it could be that the server can't reach the client.
Do you use IPs to access your clients or DNS?

Have a look at the getting started for config options.

Kind regards

Niko

Code: Alles auswählen

import OPSI
Antworten