issue with adding a new netbootProduct

zero0ne

Re: issue with adding a new netbootProduct

Beitrag von zero0ne »

OK the sun isn't out yet!!!

I just got an error about not having a preloginloader folder during the install....

I am going to create that folder, and look through the instruction manual a bit to see if i can find the stuff i need to do in there.

If it is as simple as just creating that folder and not putting anything in there if i don't need it, then well the sun is shining!

if I have to do some stuff in there, I may have problems. (by using this software, you can tell im a windows guy!; im slowly learning *unix)

thanks for all the help so far though!

Also, your instructions for the winst package creation steps looked real good when I was reading it last night. Hopefully I'll be able to get to the point of messing around with that by next week!

what really sucks though is that my company is going to be using altiris soon, yet never decided to tell me!
not that I care, this program is free, community driven, and well you guys are awesome and hopefully i can help out somewhat with translating some stuff)

have a good weekend ! (or is it already the weekend for you, haha)

Chris
j.schneider
uib-Team

Beitrag von j.schneider »

Mostly everything is translated to english.
If you want the linux-bootimage to appear in english, please edit the file /tftpboot/linux/pxelinux.cfg/install.
Change the value for lang form lang=de to lang=en.

The folder preloginloader is not there because you did not install the preloginloader opsi package.
Please download from http://download.uib.de/opsi3.3/produkte ... .3-15.opsi and install.
zero0ne

Beitrag von zero0ne »

are there any other required packages the bootimage will want for it to complete? or will preloginloader be the last?
j.schneider
uib-Team

The preloginloader is the last one.
The preloginloader is the agent for later software deployment on a running windows.
Did you take a look at the manuals?
wardenik

Beitrag von wardenik »

j.schneider hat geschrieben:Hi,

it seems like you copied some files into /opt/pcbin/install/winxppro/i386.
If you do so, please change the owner of these files to opsiconfd, because otherwise the opsiconfd daemon cannot access these correctly.

Code: Alles auswählen

chown -R opsiconfd /opt/pcbin/install/winxppro
opsi-package-manager -i winxppro_sp3-8.opsi
hi,
that's confusing.
in the manual you write to change the owner to pcpatch, and here you opsiconfd. which is valid? :)
j.schneider
uib-Team

I will have a look at the manual.
You should change owner to opsiconfd, group pcpatch, user: rw / group:rw / others: none
Antworten