OPSI integration with Zabbix

Antworten
aellert

OPSI integration with Zabbix

Beitrag von aellert »

Hi,

I'd like to monitore in my Zabbix server when a new client "reported failures" in OPSI.
Can someone help me to find the indicator in OPSI when a product installation status changes from "success (setup)" to "failed (setup)" and vice-versa ?

Thanks for your help.
Zakyl

Re: OPSI integration with Zabbix

Beitrag von Zakyl »

Hi,

You can see the .ini conf file from each client here /var/lib/opsi/config/clients/

Look at each file and you can see the "actionresult = failed" if the product have fail the installation.

Don't know if there is a better method
aellert

Beitrag von aellert »

Thanks for the information.
I share with the community my template for zabbix and the recipe ti get it work :

1. Give zabbix user the right to read /var/lib/opsi/config/clients :

Code: Alles auswählen

adduser zabbix pcpatch
2. Add zabbix agent UserParameter :

cat /etc/zabbix/zabbix_agentd.conf.d/zabbix_agent.userparams_opsi.conf
UserParameter=opsi.nb_products_errors,grep "actionresult = failed" /var/lib/opsi/config/clients/* | wc -l
UserParameter=opsi.computers_with_errors,grep "actionresult = failed" /var/lib/opsi/config/clients/*| cut -d ':' -f 1 | cut -d '/' -f 7 | sed -e 's/\(.*\)\.ini$/\1/' | sort | uniq
3. Restart zabbix-agent

/etc/init.d/zabbix-agent restart
4. Upload the attached template in zabbix and apply it to your OPSI server. Template monitores also these OPSI process : opsi-atftpd, opsiconfd, opsipxeconfd

Any comment or enhancement are welcome !

PS : i can't upload the template, i have error message "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached". Can the webmaster fix that ? Here is a temporary link to download it : http://213.251.184.107/zabbix_OPSI_template.xml
tobias

Beitrag von tobias »

you can try to use the OPSI-Webservice to get these informations directly from the OPSI-Backend. (JSON-RPC)
Or if you use the MySQL-Backen (Cofinanced Module) you can get the report out of the database.
(it's not recommend by UIB to get Informations directly out of the Backend, whether from database or filebackend. )

Thats only an idea, I don't know how zabbix works ;)
n.wenselowski
Ex-uib-Team

Beitrag von n.wenselowski »

Hello,

I'd recommend using the webinterface or the command-line tool opsi-admin because with these methods you can change your Backends to whatever you like and still have the functionality you want.
You then could use the methods getClientsWithFailed_hash and productOnClient_getHashes.

Kind regards

N. Wenselowski

import OPSI
ueluekmen
uib-Team

Beitrag von ueluekmen »

Hi,

You can use also use the opsi-nagios-connector Extension from opsi. With this extension you have much more possibilities to monitor your opsi infrastructure. I think the only thing you must do is to modify the check_opsi plugin, that it will run with zabbix.
opsi support - uib gmbh
For productive opsi installations we recommend support contracts.
http://www.uib.de
aellert

Beitrag von aellert »

Hi,

I've just bought a Mysql Backend licence and my initial script doesn't work anymore :)
Do you have some example script using API, I will try to do the job using it.

Thanks.
n.wenselowski
Ex-uib-Team

Beitrag von n.wenselowski »

Hello aellert,

the manual has a small section about opsi-admin right here.
You can try to use the methods I suggested in my earlier post or use the opsi-nagios-connector ;)

With kind regards

N. Wenselowski

import OPSI
Antworten