editing pxeboot / boot cd?

Antworten
zero0ne

editing pxeboot / boot cd?

Beitrag von zero0ne »

Hello again!

I was wondering if you could help me a bit by pointing me in the right direction of how / where I would learn about editing the pxeboot and cd-boot splash screens and menus?

I in no way plan on taking away the opsi logo or anything that is showing that the app itself is built by you guys, but i would like to edit it so that my companies logo is on there or something like that.

I took a quik peek at isolinux, and I believe thats where i should start, though i have no clue how i would get that ported to the pxeboot image.

any direction or tips would be awesome, im not looking to get this handed to me, and I'd really just like to learn anyway.

Thanks a lot

Chris
floschi

Re: editing pxeboot / boot cd?

Beitrag von floschi »

Hi,
the PXE Splash Screen is a simple PNG Picture located at your OPSI Server /tftboot/linux/opsi.png.
This file can be changed/exchanged.

If you'd like to edit the general Bootmenu from your PXE Boot, then have a closer look at /tftboot/pxelinux.cfg/, there you'll find several menu files containing those information.

If you're planning to edit the boot-behaviour or the look'n'feel of your pxe products, you should specify which product you concern about.
Antworten