OPsi in LAN

Antworten
ITNoobguy

OPsi in LAN

Beitrag von ITNoobguy »

Hey Guys,

im an IT noobie and have a small project to do a Software deployment. i have managed to install the VM on virtual box...i would like to create a small internal LAN on virtual box just to test the system etc but the opsi instructions say i should have internet connection. is it possible to just use the internal network card on virtual box and does opsi server have a dhcp function?

also i need a real idiots guide to this :-(

many thanks

ITnoobguy
SisterOfMercy

Re: OPsi in LAN

Beitrag von SisterOfMercy »

ITNoobguy hat geschrieben:im an IT noobie and have a small project to do a Software deployment. i have managed to install the VM on virtual box...i would like to create a small internal LAN on virtual box just to test the system etc but the opsi instructions say i should have internet connection. is it possible to just use the internal network card on virtual box and does opsi server have a dhcp function?
The getting started manual should help you: https://download.uib.de/opsi4.1/documen ... rted-v4.1/

If you use virtualbox you could use a second network card, which you set to bridged networking or nat or anything else to get an internet connection. Opsi can function as a dhcp server, even in combination with another dhcp server. This is somewhere in the manual or in the getting started.
Bitte schreiben Sie Deutsch, when I'm responding in the German-speaking part of the forum!
ITNoobguy

Beitrag von ITNoobguy »

Hi thanks for the reply, i have installed the VM given by UIB. i am still having problems now with a few other things.
1. I can not add a windows client to the opsi domain
2. i can ping back and fourth but cannot create a shared folder on the windows pc.
3. for my vms that have no OS, i cannot get an IP to add to the client list in opsi config program.

i'm losing my mind as i have gone through this twice now. :-(
SisterOfMercy

Beitrag von SisterOfMercy »

ITNoobguy hat geschrieben: 1. I can not add a windows client to the opsi domain
Uh, it is not a domain. What are you trying to do, install the opsi client on a working windows client?
ITNoobguy hat geschrieben: 2. i can ping back and fourth but cannot create a shared folder on the windows pc.
It could be loads of things. Firewall, SMB protocol too high, 'sharing wizard' turned on in folder options.
ITNoobguy hat geschrieben: 3. for my vms that have no OS, i cannot get an IP to add to the client list in opsi config program.
Have you tried setting up dhcp on the opsi VM? Or at least verified that it is running? On VB you have to set the client without OS to boot from the network. Try on of the pro/1000 intel adapters when using a legacy client, but you will need to install the virtualbox extension pack. For a UEFI client you need to use the virtio network adapter to boot from the network, but this is not supported in windows. So for windows use a legacy client.

Your virtualbox client should be able to get an IP from dhcp when booting from the network, if the network is set to bridged. With the opsi VM you might have to create the opsi client first, because the dhcp server on the VM might be configured to only serve clients it knows. Create an opsi client with the hostname you want and the mac address of the client.
Bitte schreiben Sie Deutsch, when I'm responding in the German-speaking part of the forum!
Antworten