Installer help

Antworten
rootless

Installer help

Beitrag von rootless »

Hello.

I am trying to install a certain program (Postman) on Windows 10 using DosBatch. Installer does not have any switches I could use and OPSI setup detector does not recognize it (it has a .nupkg extension, when I extract it.)

I can use DosBatch to install it, but the problem is that the local non-admin account that i want it installed on will not have permissions to access it. Does anyone maybe have some ideas, how to get past this issue?
ThomasT
uib-Team

Re: Installer help

Beitrag von ThomasT »

I wouldn't use the nuget-Packages, but would use the official binaries, assuming this is the Application you want to install:
https://www.getpostman.com/downloads/
Kein Support per DM!

Beitrag von rootless »

Thank you for your reply, sorry for not explaining clearly! That is the installer I am trying to use. OPSI setup detector does not work with it, so I am trying to run it using DosBatch. The installer runs fine, but the files will not show up at the default installation location, which should be C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Postman.

I think it might have something to do with the fact, that the account I am trying to install this on is a standard non-admin local windows account and I am installing it using systems DosBatch, so it installs it under system Administrators account? But after the installer runs, the files do not show up under C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Postman as well. Since the installer does not have any switches I could use, I do not have the option change the installation directory to my non-admin user.

Does anyone have any ideas, how to get around this?
ThomasT
uib-Team

Beitrag von ThomasT »

Yes you are right, as the opsi-client-agent is executed using the NT-Authority\System User, there is no appdata at the typical location.
Perhaps you can find it here:

Code: Alles auswählen

%WinDir%\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData
I tried copying the postman-directory in appdata\local\ to a temp-location. Then i deinstalled the postman application, deleted the remaining postman directory in appdata\local.
Afterwards i created a shortcut to the update.exe inside the temp location and added

Code: Alles auswählen

--processStart "Postman.exe"
to the target line in the shortcut. For me this worked...
Kein Support per DM!

Beitrag von rootless »

Thank You very much!!! I should've thought of it myself. Files actually went under C:\Windows\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local. You sir, made my day :)
Antworten