CIFS mount error

Antworten
sbmk

CIFS mount error

Beitrag von sbmk »

Hi,
I have made something wrong maybe, but I can not tell what.
Now I am not able to perform netboot installations anymore, and I get the error message about being unable to mount the cifs share "opsi_depot" because of a bad password.
Is it very similar to this problem : viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10550&p=46314&hilit=cifs#p46314
I have tried to use the aforementioned command to setup up the password again (pasting it from a text file) but the problem is still there.

If I log into the boot image, I can get access to this share with the password I pasted without any error.

The command line mentions a file called "/tmp/.cifs-credentials.SERVER_NAME" but it doesn't exist at the time I am logging.

Is there something else to update in order this file to be generated with the right content ?

By the way, where can I check everything is being created correctly ?

Regards
m.radtke
uib-Team

Re: CIFS mount error

Beitrag von m.radtke »

Hi
have you tried to set a simple password ?

Cheers
Mathias
Kein Support per DM!

Beitrag von sbmk »

Not yet.

In fact, I am trying to setup a new server with a new os, and reuse the existing products and configurations as much as possible.
So I have copied a lot of things from the production server and updated the packages, products, ...

The file "/etc/opsi/passwd" was changed during the update process, this is why I used the admin command to set it back to the well known one.

But when I had a look at the hash, it was not the same on both machines. Maye a salt was used ? Just for a try, I copied the content of the file on the production server to the new one, and it is working, the share can be mounted !

Maybe there was something wrong with the command line ? The password is in fact quite long, but has been OK until now.
n.wenselowski
Ex-uib-Team

Beitrag von n.wenselowski »

Hi,
sbmk hat geschrieben:But when I had a look at the hash, it was not the same on both machines. Maye a salt was used ?
The salt in this case is the depot ID. I'd assume it is different between your servers.
sbmk hat geschrieben:Maybe there was something wrong with the command line ? The password is in fact quite long, but has been OK until now.
Could we get some more information on how we can reproduce this?
What does your setup look like and what steps need to be taken?

Kind regards

Niko

Code: Alles auswählen

import OPSI
Antworten