after installing opsi agent on clients

Antworten
bruce

after installing opsi agent on clients

Beitrag von bruce »

Hi,

I am new to Opsi, I try to write in English. Hope someone can give me a hand.

1. about hwaudit and swaudit
I have installed OPSI on 47 computers,all are in windows 10 platform, but some of them can install hwaudit and swaudit, but some still show "setup" with red color. The windows firewall settings are the same. I have rebooted them several times, still are the same.

2. about initial computer name
While I install new computers, I will change their computers name, join Active Directory, reboot then install opsi. But one time I install OPSI before change computer name. I see OPSI config editor show that initial computer name like desktop-xdkjd34.mydomain.com. How can I fix it in the right way? I tried some ways like rename it, modified the config file in Client and so on, it didn't work. I have made this mistakes three times.

3. is there any information about production configuration? I would like to know how to distinguish which is for Windows or Linux platform.

Please advise me and think you in advance.
n.wenselowski
Ex-uib-Team

Re: after installing opsi agent on clients

Beitrag von n.wenselowski »

Hi,
bruce hat geschrieben:1. about hwaudit and swaudit
I have installed OPSI on 47 computers,all are in windows 10 platform, but some of them can install hwaudit and swaudit, but some still show "setup" with red color. The windows firewall settings are the same. I have rebooted them several times, still are the same.
Please make sure this isn't a display problem by restarting Configed.
If it isn't can the clients install other software? If not: are they able to reach your opsi server?
bruce hat geschrieben:2. about initial computer name
While I install new computers, I will change their computers name, join Active Directory, reboot then install opsi. But one time I install OPSI before change computer name. I see OPSI config editor show that initial computer name like desktop-xdkjd34.mydomain.com. How can I fix it in the right way? I tried some ways like rename it, modified the config file in Client and so on, it didn't work. I have made this mistakes three times.
You can rename them on your server (through configed). The trick is to make sure the client has the new name in its opsiclientd.conf aswell. Then this should work as expected.
Please note that the name of the client in opsi (client ID) and the hostname of the client must not be the same - but it usually is easier if these names match.
bruce hat geschrieben:3. is there any information about production configuration? I would like to know how to distinguish which is for Windows or Linux platform.
Have a look at the corresponding chapter in the opsi-script manual.

Kind regards

Niko

Code: Alles auswählen

import OPSI
Antworten