Agent Opsi + Unattend problems

Antworten
o.ferre

Agent Opsi + Unattend problems

Beitrag von o.ferre »

Hi all,

I use Opsi only for deploy operating system (Windows 7 and Windows 10). Until now, I've got a postinst script to not install the Opsi Agent on the computers (viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2132&p=10572#p10572)

since an update of my opsi server (version 4.0.7), I think we've got to install this agent to execute the other script (for example, 80_repartition.cmd). Can you confirm me that ? and tell me if there is a solution to not install the agent ?

I've got a second question (not especialy an opsi problem !)
Since Windows 10 (1703), I can't join computers to AD domain with the unattend.xml ; if someone had this problem, can you tell me if you solve it and how ?
Thanks a lot
Olivier
O.Ferre
ENS de Lyon
uncle_scrooge

Re: Agent Opsi + Unattend problems

Beitrag von uncle_scrooge »

1. AFAIK only 80_repartition.cmd uses WINST (the script interpreter as part of the OPSI agent, that is) but falls back to 'classic batch mode' if it can't find it.
So you should still be fine without installing the agent.

2. A quick search brings up a lot of hits complaining about failing domain joins starting with 1703. Offered solutions are - err - strange or go in the voodoo direction.
I for myself do not use the unattended domain join (with a reason). But some script. As most of the other forum members do.
Go for a postinstall script. WMIC, PowerShell - whatever suits you.
Antworten