opsi with Python 3

The place for development of / with / for opsi.
Post your API questions here!
Antworten
n.wenselowski
Ex-uib-Team

opsi with Python 3

Beitrag von n.wenselowski »

Hi everyone,

this week I wrote a small post about the progress we are making with running opsi on Python 3.

I tried to answer some questions already in this post but wonder if there are more.
Do you have any thoughts on the switch to Python 3?
Let me know!

Bye

Niko

Code: Alles auswählen

import OPSI
skywalker

Re: opsi with Python 3

Beitrag von skywalker »

Seeing that no further updates regarding the change to Python3 in opsiconfd was published and Python 2 will reach EOL in ~50 days:

How is the progress in switching away from Python2?
n.wenselowski
Ex-uib-Team

Re: opsi with Python 3

Beitrag von n.wenselowski »

Hi,

you can read our journey towards Python 3 by reading the posts tagges as Python 3 in the blog.

Short summary:
  • opsi 4.2 will make the change from Python 2 to 3. We are keeping other changes to a minimum in order to being able to concentrate on the switch.
  • You can already test opsi 4.2 from the experimental 4.2 repos. I'd suggest also using the experimental repos for the opsi products when doing so.
  • Most tools on the server side already work. Additional features that the opsiconfd provided in the past still have to be implemented but basic functionality exists.
  • Not all client components have already been ported to a version that is fully compatible (most of this is updating the handling of the HTTP communication).
I'm happy to answer further questions!

Cheers

Niko

Code: Alles auswählen

import OPSI
Antworten