Symlinks not working in byAudit directories [solved]

Antworten
SisterOfMercy

Symlinks not working in byAudit directories [solved]

Beitrag von SisterOfMercy »

I made a symlink in a byAudit directory, so I could force a certain driver version without copying everything every time. With some drivers this saves a lot of space.. Who keeps creating these stupid 300 MB drivers? :x

Code: Alles auswählen

# ln -s /var/lib/opsi/depot/win7-x64-nlite/drivers/drivers/preferred/Realtek\ Audio\ 2.79/ /var/lib/opsi/depot/win7-x64-nlite/drivers/drivers/additional/byAudit/Supermicro/C7Z170-SQ/

# ls -hal
drwxrws---. 2 opsiconfd pcpatch 4.0K Jul 29 15:22 .
drwxrws---. 4 opsiconfd pcpatch 4.0K Jun 24 19:57 ..
lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root      pcpatch   80 Jul 29 15:22 Realtek Audio 2.79 -> /var/lib/opsi/depot/win7-x64-nlite/drivers/drivers/preferred/Realtek Audio 2.79/
So far, so good:

./show_drivers.py gce2012-019.gcecad-service.local
Failed to read opsi modules file '/etc/opsi/modules': Signature not found
Additional drivers for integration byAudit found for vendor: 'Supermicro' model : 'C7Z170-SQ (Default string)'  Check if drivers are available.
Additional drivers for integration byAudit-Baseboard found for vendor: 'Supermicro' model : 'C7Z170-SQ' Check if drivers are available. .
Manually selected drivers (additional)
   [/var/lib/opsi/depot/win7-x64-nlite/drivers/drivers/additional/byAudit/Supermicro/C7Z170-SQ]
      [/var/lib/opsi/depot/win7-x64-nlite/drivers/drivers/additional/byAudit/Supermicro/C7Z170-SQ/Realtek Audio 2.79/HDXAMA3.inf]
      [/var/lib/opsi/depot/win7-x64-nlite/drivers/drivers/additional/byAudit/Supermicro/C7Z170-SQ/Realtek Audio 2.79/HDXMSS.inf]
      [/var/lib/opsi/depot/win7-x64-nlite/drivers/drivers/additional/byAudit/Supermicro/C7Z170-SQ/Realtek Audio 2.79/HDXMB3H.inf]
      [/var/lib/opsi/depot/win7-x64-nlite/drivers/drivers/additional/byAudit/Supermicro/C7Z170-SQ/Realtek Audio 2.79/HDXSony2.inf]
      [/var/lib/opsi/depot/win7-x64-nlite/drivers/drivers/additional/byAudit/Supermicro/C7Z170-SQ/Realtek Audio 2.79/HDXLVW.inf]
      [/var/lib/opsi/depot/win7-x64-nlite/drivers/drivers/additional/byAudit/Supermicro/C7Z170-SQ/Realtek Audio 2.79/HDXCONEQ.inf]
      [/var/lib/opsi/depot/win7-x64-nlite/drivers/drivers/additional/byAudit/Supermicro/C7Z170-SQ/Realtek Audio 2.79/HDXDELL.inf]
      [/var/lib/opsi/depot/win7-x64-nlite/drivers/drivers/additional/byAudit/Supermicro/C7Z170-SQ/Realtek Audio 2.79/HDXSGMA4.inf]
However, this driver does not get integrated. Yes, I have run opsi-setup --set-rights. If I make a copy instead of a symlink it works like it should.
Zuletzt geändert von SisterOfMercy am 26 Jan 2017, 21:41, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Bitte schreiben Sie Deutsch, when I'm responding in the German-speaking part of the forum!
n.wenselowski
Ex-uib-Team

Re: Symlinks not working in byAudit directories

Beitrag von n.wenselowski »

Hi SisterOfMercy,

you and your drivers :lol:

What version of the script are you running (usually --version shows it).
We did some changes on the script for 4.0.7 and as usual hope that the latest versions solve all your problems ;)

Kind regards

Niko

import OPSI
SisterOfMercy

n.wenselowski hat geschrieben:What version of the script are you running (usually --version shows it).
We did some changes on the script for 4.0.7 and as usual hope that the latest versions solve all your problems ;)
4.0.6.2 is the version of show_drivers.py
Could I just use the script for 4.0.7?
I hope it works for others too. :) I can work around these problems, but I've seen people struggle with the drivers part.
Bitte schreiben Sie Deutsch, when I'm responding in the German-speaking part of the forum!
ueluekmen
uib-Team

Beitrag von ueluekmen »

Hi SisterOfMercy,
SisterOfMercy hat geschrieben:Could I just use the script for 4.0.7?
Normally yes. The show_drivers script should work on the last 4.0.6-Netbootpackages as well. Please check if you are on the last stable version with your netbootpackages. The last version was 4.0.6.2-6. This was a pre-release for the new bootimage in 4.0.7. If you don't have these version, than you should formally upgrade to this versions.
opsi support - uib gmbh
For productive opsi installations we recommend support contracts.
http://www.uib.de
SisterOfMercy

I think this is fixed too.

in the win7-x64/drivers/drivers/preferred directory:

ln -s Virtualbox\ 5.1.12/ Virtualbox
This makes a symlink to Virtualbox with the version number, which changes sometimes.

To test it:

cd additional/byAudit/Hewlett-Packard/HP\ Compaq\ dc5700\ Microtower/
ln -s ../../../../preferred/Virtualbox Virtualbox
This makes a symlink to the first symlink, so you don't have to update all symlinks that point to the Virtualbox 5.1.12 directory, only the first symlink.

Anyway, these virtualbox drivers are now integrated on that old computer. So it works with 4.0.7, and this can be used to force drivers via byAudit without copying the entire driver. With "legacy" graphics and sound drivers these drivers can be quite big.
Antworten