tftp options

Antworten
SisterOfMercy

tftp options

Beitrag von SisterOfMercy »

If I update opsi the tftp files get changed.

For instance, this file: /tftpboot/linux/pxelinux.cfg/default.menu
I always have to change this line:

Code: Alles auswählen

append initrd=miniroot-x64.bz2 video=vesa:ywrap,mtrr vga=791 quiet splash --no-log console=tty1 console=ttyS0
I change it so it looks like this:

append initrd=miniroot-x64.bz2 video=vesa:ywrap,mtrr vga=791 lang=en --no-log console=tty1 console=ttyS0
If I do not set lang=en I get the german version of the bootimage. Great, but not really workable for me.
I also remove quiet and splash, because sometimes the whole thing hangs and I can see it hangs on something, and restart the whole thing.

Is there a standard way to change these values so I do not have to change it every once in a while?
Or make it some sort of property that allows you to set the language and whether or not quiet and splash is enabled.
Bitte schreiben Sie Deutsch, when I'm responding in the German-speaking part of the forum!
m.radtke
uib-Team

Re: tftp options

Beitrag von m.radtke »

hi

you can use the bootimage.append within the host-parameters

Cheers
Kein Support per DM!
SisterOfMercy

That would work for lang=en, but I hope noquiet and nosplash override the normal quiet and splash options.
I am going to test this out, will report back.
Bitte schreiben Sie Deutsch, when I'm responding in the German-speaking part of the forum!
SisterOfMercy

m.radtke hat geschrieben:you can use the bootimage.append within the host-parameters
This seems to work on the named pipes (01-macaddress), but the default.menu does not seem to get updated.
ueluekmen
uib-Team

Beitrag von ueluekmen »

That's right, you have to patch the default-Files manually.
opsi support - uib gmbh
For productive opsi installations we recommend support contracts.
http://www.uib.de
SisterOfMercy

That's why this topic is in this subforum :D :D
n.wenselowski
Ex-uib-Team

Beitrag von n.wenselowski »

Hi,

I don't see us updating the default files.
Could it help for your case if we'd set quiet and splash through the host parameters and make our default entry smaller?

This probably would be something to discuss internally before attempting to do so but I see it's appeal.

With kind regards

Niko

import OPSI
SisterOfMercy

n.wenselowski hat geschrieben:Could it help for your case if we'd set quiet and splash through the host parameters and make our default entry smaller?
Yes, that would work for those things. However, this does not change the language, and I can read German, but not every international customer is able to.
SisterOfMercy

By teh way, what's wrong with running a little bit of sed when these options are set? I really wish I could code this for you, but my skills with sed and awk are terrible :( :(
Antworten