Netboot, localboot product group

Antworten
loggenk

Netboot, localboot product group

Beitrag von loggenk »

Hi,

It seems great for me if i can image a system without configuring everything.
I mean when the system is a notebook i also will install the Intel Wireless Pro, but if the system is a desktop i don't need the Intel Wireless.
If the system doesn't have 4 GB memory i don't want the 64-bit version, but the X86 version.

Greetings,

Kees...
n.wenselowski
Ex-uib-Team

Re: Netboot, localboot product group

Beitrag von n.wenselowski »

Hello Kees,

intelligent systems sound great :)

I am not sure if we ever get to the point where we have an solution for everyone but I can image working towards your goal with the already existing methods. You could write a custom netboot products whose only purpose is to analyse the hardware it is running on and then, depending on what is found, does set the appropriate products to setup in opsi.
How does this sound?

With kind regards

Niko

Code: Alles auswählen

import OPSI
loggenk

Beitrag von loggenk »

Hi Niko. I will give it a try. Thanks for your suggestion

Greetings,

Kees...
SisterOfMercy

Beitrag von SisterOfMercy »

loggenk hat geschrieben:If the system doesn't have 4 GB memory i don't want the 64-bit version, but the X86 version.
Why not? Running only 64-bit does cut down on the number of things you have to keep in working order ;)
And even for systems with only 4 GB of memory a 64-bit OS can be helpful, a process is limited to 2 GB of memory.
Bitte schreiben Sie Deutsch, when I'm responding in the German-speaking part of the forum!
Antworten