Announcement: Key change of the repositories on download.opensuse.org

Antworten
n.wenselowski
Ex-uib-Team

Announcement: Key change of the repositories on download.opensuse.org

Beitrag von n.wenselowski »

Dear opsi users,

we will change the key used for signing the repositories of the operating system packages on download.opensuse.org on the weekend of 30.09.2017 and 01.10.2017.

This is necessary because the currently used key uses parameters that are considered weak by nowadays standards.
Users of Debian 9 or Ubuntu 16.04 receive warnings and the installation and update of packages is considerably complicated.

The change of the key requires a rebuild of all packages so that these packages are then signed with the new key.
During that time it is temporarily possible that packages in the repositories are signed with different keys.

If you require access to those repositories during the given time we recommend mirroring these packages at your site.

After the change of the key it has to be imported in your package management application.
We will inform you once the work is finished and then also provide information on how to import the new key.

With kind regards

Niko Wenselowski

Code: Alles auswählen

import OPSI
Antarion

Re: Announcement: Key change of the repositories on download.opensuse.org

Beitrag von Antarion »

So that's why i can't update my repository.
Ok i was worried, because even after reinstalling the key i got error messages that my key doesn't match.
n.wenselowski
Ex-uib-Team

Re: Announcement: Key change of the repositories on download.opensuse.org

Beitrag von n.wenselowski »

Hi,
Antarion hat geschrieben:So that's why i can't update my repository.
Ok i was worried, because even after reinstalling the key i got error messages that my key doesn't match.
Yep, that is the reason.

Please see this post for how to import the new key!

Kind regards

Niko

Code: Alles auswählen

import OPSI
Antworten